Poll: What is the most you've ever spent on a single tarantula? (Price only, not shipping)

Well?

• Total voters

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
$100 for a 2 inch confirmed female Pterinopelma sazimai.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
$300 for a mature male B. emilia
Turned around and sold it for $350 after he did the deed with my girl :cigar:

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is a crazy deal. Was it local to you
Went to a Reptile show in Tulsa, OK. There was only tarantula vendor present and she had great prices. Missed out on a 4" female B. auratum for $100 and now I'm kicking myself for not buying a 4.5" female P. rufilata she had for $80.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Boyfriend spent $125 on a 1 inch P.metallica, this was before the huge boom in availability that has recently happened in the past few years. Planning on plumping her up and find her a male to get some money back.

I myself have spent $110 on an adult female T.cyaneolum, roughly 5 inches. She is the jewel of my collection even though I may never get to breed her.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I want to say my two M. mesomelas slings were $250 each, but they may have been $225. I want to say my B. baumgarteni female was either $225 or $250 as well. Definitely not less than $225 though.

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
I paid $125 (or $110...can't remember) for an adult female L. parahybana. When I was a kid I paid somewhere in that range for a juvenile M. robustum.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Changed my vote as I've since paid £45 ($56) for a 3" female Avicularia variegata (ex amazonica Manaus)

BabaYaga

Arachnopeon
Hmm... 2 in H. Lividum was 75$, and I recently bought a female sub-adult C. Minax for 60$. I think those are my most expensive.......

......so far

sasker

Arachnoprince
I paid 65 $ for a confirmed female Pamphobeteus sp. Mascara. No idea how big it is as it will be delivered this week, I hope :happy:

igotcrabs

Arachnopeon
My personal record of $85 has been broken... twice, since I posted... my personal limit of $100 was also, summarily disregaurded, as I just paid $225 for a T. Psychedelicus... if I have kids they can go to community college.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
My personal record of $85 has been broken... twice, since I posted... my personal limit of $100 was also, summarily disregaurded, as I just paid $225 for a T. Psychedelicus... if I have kids they can go to community college.
Congrats! If you can get it to mate your future kids will be back to state college money in no time!

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Is this in US dollars or?

Anyway the most I've spent was RM120 for an A. Metallica sling. To put things in perspective, a P. Metallica sling is around the same price and many times can be found with a slight discount not to mention also being much more readily available. Everybody's got a P. Metallica sling to sell. This A. Metallica though is the first one I've seen for sale since March. So damn rare. Also gonna drop another RM120 on an L. Giannisposatoi sling (well 2 inch) which the guy said is supposedly female. So, 120 is my max so far.

Never thought I'd drop over 100 bucks on a spider, pls kill me

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
It was at least 3 years ago, I bought a 4" MF B. emelia at $150 at a local expo. Love her, but I have about a $150 limit on a single T ;) Can't afford to spend more than that on only one animal :D

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I can't remember which T cost which amount now, but my GBB and B emilia were $200 and $150 each - but they were both confirmed sub-adult females from a reputable seller. Worth every penny to me, incl. the additional $40 overnight shipping with LAG.
For any T I really really wanted, I would go higher. I am by no means wealthy, hence having a smaller collection than many here.
But the heart wants what it wants....

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
$250 is my record so far. Going to change that in July.

what was the $250 on? A spider that was totally worth it and I will cherish her forever.