Poll: What is the most you've ever spent on a single tarantula? (Price only, not shipping)

Well?

• Total voters

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If i remember right, the most i ever paid for a single t was like 150$.
It was for a 7-8" cb female L. violaceopes.
The 30$ shipping added not included.

Id gladly do it again RIGHT NOW hint hint

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
It was the first time I've ever seen a P. metallica sling for under $120 at the time so I had to buy it there and then since they were also on the top of my list. (I think it was $95)

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I spent 95 on my GBB I saw it at a local pet store that specializes in reptiles and has decent knowledge of T's

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
$50 for a 3.75 inch female A. chalcodes. I don't usually buy adults, but that's pretty affordable relative to adults of other species, so I went for it. I expect to have her for a very long time. :)

patriotgator

Arachnopeon
$50 for a G Pulchripes. I got 3 Ts in the last 2 weeks and have spent around $200 so far. I forced myself to not get anymore for at least a month or so.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
I see it as a way to let me by as many as I want.

If they're cheap and not too difficult to take care off, I get it.

I now have 35 Ts.

In December I had 2.
I kinda have a similar budget kinda way... about every 6 months when I start to crave for more I try to buy a shipment from one breeder and no matter how many I buy I try to keep it within a $75 budget before shipping.

obie

Arachnosquire
79.00 bucks for a phormictopus sp green. Which probably isn't a bad price for a sling if I really got what I paid for but 79 bucks for a p cancerides sling is way to much

user 666

Arachnobaron
I see it as a way to let me by as many as I want.

If they're cheap and not too difficult to take care off, I get it.

I now have 35 Ts.

In December I had 2.
Before anyone thinks I am wildly irresponsible -

Let me also say that I have a couple hard and fast rules before I buy Ts. One, I have to be able to find care instructions I can follow, and two, I have to have an appropriate enclosure _before_ I buy the T.

If I can't meet both requirements then I don't get the T.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I've gotten a few damn good deals, but the most I've paid is about $35 for my 1/2" versicolor. I paid $33 each for some 1" gbb slings, traded a MM b smithi (hamorii?) for a juvi gbb that turned out female, and for $100 I got 3 T's, the most valuable of which was an AF gbb. The last one was a craigslist deal.

Its not like I have a bunch of disposable income or anything, but is it weird that I want to just once buy a really expensive and rare T?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Its not like I have a bunch of disposable income or anything, but is it weird that I want to just once buy a really expensive and rare T?
You could always save up and get an adult female Xenesthis sp blue! $450. :astonished:

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
$70 for AF T Stirmi. $110 with shipping, and worth every penny. Doomsday is an amazing creature.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'm in England but my 3 most expensive were £35 ($43.70) each, they were all subadults/adults though (A. geniculata/L. difficilis/A. chalcodes), my most expensive sling was my G. iheringi which was £30 ($37.46).

Last edited:

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Most expensive for just the T itself, for me, was 50$ my Orphnaecus philippinus. So far had only seen one here in AZ and that was a while ago, before i was into the hobby itself. A little much for the species, but i have a special place in my heart for orange T's and this guy truly is Bright orange haha.