"Polka dots" on freshly moulted tarantula

Melancholy Newt

Arachnopeon
My B. Vagans just moulted either today or yesterday. The moult is normal, actually everything is. She is walking around fine and has all limbs in tact. There is nothing out of the ordinary except she has a few little, tiny bald spots on her abdomen. I have checked, they are not the dreaded white spots that indicates mites, and there are not mites in her tank. Any idea what it could be? Now, before moulting she was very bald. Could it just be that she did not fill in all the way? I will try to get a picture, but when I have put the light on her from my camera she gets scared and hides and since she just did moult I don`t want to stress her.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I have checked, they are not the dreaded white spots that indicates mites, and there are not mites in her tank.
Mites are actually not bad. http://arachnoboards.com/threads/all-you-need-to-know-about-mites.309211/

There is nothing out of the ordinary except she has a few little, tiny bald spots on her abdomen.
If it's baldness, it's fine but I can't tell anything without pictures. Good luck getting some! I don't have a tarantula that kicks hairs, but I don't think I've seen anything about baldness in multiple spots.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It sounds like it just kicked some urticating hairs, a picture will speak a thousand words

Melancholy Newt

Arachnopeon
I know. I am kind of thinking I will try again when she has had more time to recover. She usually sits out in the open but right now she is in her hide still.

Melancholy Newt

Arachnopeon
Good call to wait, let it harden up first =)
I had wanted to try to sex her with this moult then I saw the spots and dissected her moult to see if there were similar spots before that I had just somehow missed. Usually I take the moults into my job (I work in an animal hospital) and use an otoscope to look at them since my eyesight isn`t so good.

Melancholy Newt

Arachnopeon
Sorry it took me so long to post this. I cleaned out her tank today though and then she was sitting up on the glass and it was a good view of the spots I am talking about. She is moving around great, not acting out of the ordinary for her. There are several of these little spots randomly all over her abdomen.

Attachments

Aleetist

Arachnosquire
Sorry it took me so long to post this. I cleaned out her tank today though and then she was sitting up on the glass and it was a good view of the spots I am talking about. She is moving around great, not acting out of the ordinary for her. There are several of these little spots randomly all over her abdomen.
Deleted because I just quickly glanced at it one my phone, then actually pulled it up on my laptop.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Just rubbed off setae.

Aleetist

Arachnosquire
Uh oh, did the picture not attach? Won`t lie, I suck at technology, lol!
The picture attached just fine, I just took a really quick glance and wrote something dumb in retrospect and you can't delete posts. So I was just letting you know my comment was deleted because I was dumb lol.