User Poffy's Tarantula Pictures

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
My first test shots with my new macro lens--male G. pulchripes and unsexed B. boehemi. Going to take it for a spin around the collection this weekend! IMG_2538.jpeg IMG_2555.jpeg

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
Female G. pulchra—such a cool, bold little spider! Still working on focus distance a bit. IMG_2560.jpeg

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
New arrival—a gorgeous suspect female P. cambridgei! So excited about this one, it’s way cooler than I anticipated.

IMG_0620.jpeg IMG_2605.jpeg IMG_2637.jpeg

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
New spider day! L. klugi female, N. tripepii female, K. hibernalis sling, and a G. pulchripes sling. I got a couple others that were not being photogenic--still working on those. Finally here's my new rescue G. rosea which I posted in another thread, but thought I'd add a photo here too.

IMG_3181.jpeg
IMG_3172.jpeg IMG_3193.jpeg IMG_3199.jpeg IMG_3146.jpeg

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
Picked up a beautiful B. Minax sling at a show today, plus a non-T friend...

IMG_3395.jpeg
IMG_3380.jpeg

Last edited:

DonaldJ

Arachnopeon
Wonderful colors and detail! What's the distance from the front of the lens to the subject? I have some macro extension tubes but haven't played with them yet; maybe not as good as a dedicated lens.

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
Wonderful colors and detail! What's the distance from the front of the lens to the subject? I have some macro extension tubes but haven't played with them yet; maybe not as good as a dedicated lens.
I’m using this lens from Amazon, for my iPhone. The light makes a big difference. You ultimately need to be an inch to 3 inches away depending on the size of the subject. Of course using a real camera would be far superior, but I’m happy with how they look for a phone! Haven’t experimented with using the tele lens in the phone with it—may play around with that. And, on a few of them it was the iPhone’s built in macro function with the light held to the side.

IMG_3416.jpeg

DonaldJ

Arachnopeon
I’m using this lens from Amazon, for my iPhone. (snip!)
Amazing, and now I feel like a dinosaur. But since you were courteous enough to provide your fingerprint I can frame you for the diamond heist I'm planning. Mwah-ha-ha !

Just joking...or am I?

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
LOL I thought about that, but did think it was pretty unlikely... 😂. Maybe I'll just blur it out and edit it. 😁

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
A couple of beautiful new Ts to join the horde, big thank you to Jamie's Tarantulas--Amazonius germani and Pamphobeteus sp. Mascara, both females.

IMG_3706.jpeg IMG_3720.jpeg IMG_3697.jpeg

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
Picked up a gorgeous young adult V. chromatus today--here she is thanking me for the rehouse! 😂 No kicking at least, though she did go hard at the paintbrush.

IMG_4518.jpeg IMG_4531.jpeg