Poecilotheria Venom

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
I inject my spine with Poecilotheria venom every other week to allow myself the ability to communicate with tarantulas since the venom re-programs my nervous system to allow me to speak tarantula fluidly

Sicarius1

Arachnopeon
I inject my spine with Poecilotheria venom every other week to allow myself the ability to communicate with tarantulas since the venom re-programs my nervous system to allow me to speak tarantula fluidly
Wow. There sure are some trigger happy people in here. Quick to judge. First off I will not defend the fact that on whether or not it was ignorance of the species or some kind of love for pain. Lol. What happened, happened. And it could of happened to the most experienced of keepers. Truth of the matter is as follows: taking a close up picture can result in a bite , inspecting a t for health can result in a bite, opening a cage and getting rushed can result in a bite. I happened to get a 4 banger due to these circumstances. The ignorance that I did indeed see is that people are so quick to formulate opinions and think of some pretty wild things in order to justify and reinforce their own egos. And it was made very evident here on this thread. OK, so you've never been bitten, want a cookie? Or even better a big trophy and a parade in your honor for being the most top notch keeper? I joined this site in hopes to find level headed folks that share the same passion for tarantulas as I have. And for some, that is the case but in this particular instance I was proven incorrect. I shared my story in order HUMBLE those who think just because they may have great knowledge and experience, that accidents do occur. And to always keep in mind no matter how cautious or how experienced they think they are, that their is always a risk for a bite to occur. Love your spiders but always respect them as well. Man people sure get creative when they feel offended without fully understanding the root cause of anything. But I guess that's the world we live in nowadays. 25 years in the hobby, countless spiders, and 0 friends. I strongly encourage those who made such negative statements to re evaluate their quickness to jump to conclusions. Thank you all for your wonderful feedback.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Wow. There sure are some trigger happy people in here. Quick to judge. First off I will not defend the fact that on whether or not it was ignorance of the species or some kind of love for pain. Lol. What happened, happened. And it could of happened to the most experienced of keepers. Truth of the matter is as follows: taking a close up picture can result in a bite , inspecting a t for health can result in a bite, opening a cage and getting rushed can result in a bite. I happened to get a 4 banger due to these circumstances. The ignorance that I did indeed see is that people are so quick to formulate opinions and think of some pretty wild things in order to justify and reinforce their own egos. And it was made very evident here on this thread. OK, so you've never been bitten, want a cookie? Or even better a big trophy and a parade in your honor for being the most top notch keeper? I joined this site in hopes to find level headed folks that share the same passion for tarantulas as I have. And for some, that is the case but in this particular instance I was proven incorrect. I shared my story in order HUMBLE those who think just because they may have great knowledge and experience, that accidents do occur. And to always keep in mind no matter how cautious or how experienced they think they are, that their is always a risk for a bite to occur. Love your spiders but always respect them as well. Man people sure get creative when they feel offended without fully understanding the root cause of anything. But I guess that's the world we live in nowadays. 25 years in the hobby, countless spiders, and 0 friends. I strongly encourage those who made such negative statements to re evaluate their quickness to jump to conclusions. Thank you all for your wonderful feedback.
@dragonfire1577 was making a joke referring to the thread where the girl was going to her ornata(?) Or was it a regalis? I cant remember, either way it doesnt matter, and she thought she could communicate with her tarantulas telepathically. That wasn't aimed at you at all.

Last edited:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
@Sicarius1 why the dislike? That comment wasn't directed at you lmao. It's both fact and a reference to an old thread. :rofl:

Edit - just saw your post. Only thing directed at you was the question of how you managed to get bit by the same T 4 times, which indeed was a legitimate question seeing as many people do cage maintenance, health checks, take pictures, etc. without getting tagged once, let alone 4 times. Not a judgement, just an observation. Anything following was merely harmless joking making reference to some previous threads, no reason to take it as a personal attack. And you say we jumped to conclusions.... o_O

Last edited:

sasker

Arachnoprince
accidents do occur
I happened to get a 4 banger due to these circumstances.
The ignorance that I did indeed see is that people are so quick to formulate opinions and think of some pretty wild things
I agree that accidents do occur. But to be bitten 5 times by two members of the same genus? Come on! That is more than just bad luck. You can't expect people not to jump to any wild conclusions if you share such experience without fully explaining how and why the bites occured.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I agree that accidents do occur. But to be bitten 5 times by two members of the same genus? Come on! That is more than just bad luck. You can't expect people not to jump to any wild conclusions if you share such experience without fully explaining how and why the bites occured.
Not to mention 4 TIMES from the same spider...

Paul1126

Arachnoangel

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If it's real some people are truly ignorant
That was 100% real and I'm still upset (upset, this term crack me up, btw) that the thread was closed because I had a lot of fun talking/joking about absolute nonsense (such new age, Nirvana, positive vibes and energy and crap like that etc) with her. At a certain point she even said 'thank you' to me.

When those 'blessed' people jumps out, IMO they are truly 'rough/raw' diamonds to preserve, those threads are like an oasis in camel-landia desert, where Chris LXXIX can drink from, nurturing in the process his passion for lolz.

Just like when me & bro, on our 20, 'collected', at our family Bar, a nice choice of Italian mad people that were released from various mental health care, for fun: the best was the 'worm man', a bonafide stalker of local (and not) singers... amazing, peerless, sublime.

Another great one was the 'General': he was always dressed with a style that was mix of WWI & American in Vietnam soldier.

Last edited:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
That was 100% real and I'm still upset (upset, this term crack me up, btw) that the thread was closed because I had a lot of fun talking/joking about absolute nonsense (such new age, Nirvana, positive vibes and energy and crap like that etc) with her. At a certain point she even said 'thank you' to me.

When those 'blessed' people jumps out, IMO they are truly 'rough/raw' diamonds to preserve, those threads are like an oasis in camel-landia desert, where Chris LXXIX can drink from, nurturing in the process his passion for lolz.

Just like when me & bro, on our 20, 'collected', at our family Bar, a nice choice of Italian mad people that were released from various mental health care, for fun: the best was the 'worm man', a bonafide stalker of local (and not) singers... amazing, peerless, sublime.

Another great one was the 'General': he was always dressed with a style that was mix of WWI & American in Vietnan soldier.
Your posts always brighten up my day

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Your posts always brighten up my day
Thanks. You need to see in real life. All of that was/is true :)

I let the Goddess* crawl on my bare naked head and she, using her sexy rear legs, gently massages my brain. After years this given to me the 'Third Eye', the 'Extreme Wisdom'.

*0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her)

#positivevibes

25 years in the hobby, countless spiders, and 0 friends.
Hey, dawg... I'm your friend! I always was! :(

You can't say something like that all of a sudden unless you want poor Chris LXXIX to get the 'Liz Taylor's former husbands' syndrome :bored:

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
I was personally making reference to this one lol
No way!!!! Lol.

Edit: two pages in.... That cannot be real. Not gonna lie though, the thought crossed my mind that he and Wellenough's keeper should get married and merge their collection into a vibrantly colored, bee fed, bass guitar loving, good vibe reading tarantula army. They're perfect for each other! :wacky:

This is without a doubt the best thread I read on here.
If it's real some people are truly ignorant
It was such a trainwreck at the time though and was 100% real. My favorite quote from that thread was someone who simply commented "Leave Wellenough alone." Oh god, it was so perfect. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
As stated above I wasn't referring to you lol, just bringing some innocent humor to the thread.

narwhalica

Arachnopeon
I'm more scared of an escapee killing my cats. >.<; I have some OW's and two Poecilotheria and my biggest fear is causing one of my animals to die because of a mistake I make. Therefore, I hope to just rehouse them and my OBT into their adult enclosures once they're big enough.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm more scared of an escapee killing my cats. >.<;
With a single paw hit an adult cat is able to highly injury a Theraphosidae - yes, including OW's.

While kittens can be another story, a lot of cats keepers tend to underestimate their cats predatory skills... they are little ninja, they can play with T's like nothing.

I'm not talking due to personal experiences, eh (even if I always had lot of T's and cats around without a single issue) but I've viewed a cat playing with a P.cambridgei (fast as hell, sorta nasty venom, definitely not a 'pet rock' in terms of temperament) in a YT video made back then in Trinidad like nothing. Didn't ended good for the spider.

In the case of an escapee where cats are present it's the eight legged that seriously risk :)

narwhalica

Arachnopeon
With a single paw hit an adult cat is able to highly injury a Theraphosidae - yes, including OW's.

While kittens can be another story, a lot of cats keepers tend to underestimate their cats predatory skills... they are little ninja, they can play with T's like nothing.

I'm not talking due to personal experiences, eh (even if I always had lot of T's and cats around without a single issue) but I've viewed a cat playing with a P.cambridgei (fast as hell, sorta nasty venom, definitely not a 'pet rock' in terms of temperament) in a YT video made back then in Trinidad like nothing. Didn't ended good for the spider.

In the case of an escapee where cats are present it's the eight legged that seriously risk :)
That makes me feel a little better ~ thanks!! 0:)