Poecilotheria rufilata Care ???

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So far I have 2 P. regalis and love them!:D Now I want more of the Poecilotherias{D The next one I am thinking of getting is the rufilata (red slate). I just have a question when it comes to humidity. Useually with my other poecilotheria's I just overflow their water dish once a week for their requirement with humidity. I heard that the red slates have different humidity requirements. If so how much more or less humidity do they need? I tried to research this but I just got allot of random answers:(

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like I posted in the wrong area:eek:

Thanks for the care sheets. I have at least looked at 10 of them and half said 80% to 85% and the other half 70% to 75%.

cobaltbrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I would say start at 75%. That's a safe number, I know it's hard to monitor exactly, but still a good starting point.

From there just observe your spidey and decide what you think it needs.

Good luck. Beautiful spiders, the P. Rufilata's.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Keep them arboreal, and soak half your substrate once a week. They do like it a bit cooler and drier (like P. subfusca), but for the most part, it's just like any other Pokie spp.

Honestly, the only cages you need worry about Rh levels is for special-care species like Avics, Theraphosa spp., Hysterocrates spp., etc.

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Keep them arboreal, and soak half your substrate once a week. They do like it a bit cooler and drier (like P. subfusca), but for the most part, it's just like any other Pokie spp.

I would agree with this but go on to say that I personally kept my sling more moist and a little less moist since it's become a juvenile.