Species Poecilotheria regalis

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Congrats on all the slings. Side question: Any ideas when the forums will open on Net-Bug? Just wondering.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Jason,
I usually leave sac with mom,
Poecilotheria females very good moms and I dont have to do work but toss feeders in,
they all stay together till I have time to get to it, or.... Di and Tommy come over and do that for me :}
Separating slings with female is not is difficult is you think
maybe first couple sacs then its very easy :D
Interesting. :) Maybe I'll try it with one of my upcoming sacs. Still gets me nervous as heck though haha. The thing that scares me is killing even just one of those slings on accident. I don't care so much about being bitten but I don't want to hurt any babies. :/ Maybe I'll give it a shot with my subfusca sac...

Also, regarding the feeders, I've always been under the assumption that I shouldn't put anything live in the enclosure with them when carrying a sac. Should I place pre-killed prey near the entrance to the hide or something? I'm not sure I want to press my luck and disturb the female. I'm already pretty stoked about having a subfusca sac and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize it if it's good.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Interesting. :) Maybe I'll try it with one of my upcoming sacs. Still gets me nervous as heck though haha. The thing that scares me is killing even just one of those slings on accident. I don't care so much about being bitten but I don't want to hurt any babies. :/ Maybe I'll give it a shot with my subfusca sac...

Also, regarding the feeders, I've always been under the assumption that I shouldn't put anything live in the enclosure with them when carrying a sac. Should I place pre-killed prey near the entrance to the hide or something? I'm not sure I want to press my luck and disturb the female. I'm already pretty stoked about having a subfusca sac and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize it if it's good.
Jason,

Am sure you saw how females web down when incubating a sac, and even anything comes trough they will protect sac, kill intruder and web all access to incubating chamber. Just think how it gets in the wild?

I wouldn't feed while female incubating, only after hatchlings emerge from the sac. Its amazing to watch how careful and gentle she moves with spiderlings around and you will be surprise how quick and per sized female is when comes kill the prey, you would think she get lost in all them legs, hers and little ones.

Last year I left 3 subfusca sacs with mothers and got great success,
all 3 been living communal spiderlings with females for several months until I separated females out due for upcoming molt and future breeding projects.
Spiderlings remain communal in groups of 20/25

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Jason,
Am sure you saw how females web down when incubating a sac, and even anything comes trough they will protect sac, kill intruder and web all access to incubating chamber. Just think how it gets in the wild?
Yes, haha. I knew right away when the female just started webbing up a storm, covering almost her entire enclosure a week or two beforehand. Never seen her web so much for a molt.. :)

I should also note that this female seems to have set this sac up in similar fashion as my ornata female did last year. She's currently guarding a tetherball. lol :)

I wouldn't feed while female incubating, only after hatchlings emerge from the sac. Its amazing to watch how careful and gentle she moves with spiderlings around and you will be surprise how quick and per sized female is when comes kill the prey, you would think she get lost in all them legs, hers and little ones.
That makes more sense. I just didn't want to spook the female into eating the sac or something.

Last year I left 3 subfusca sacs with mothers and got great success,
all 3 been living communal spiderlings with females for several months until I separated females out due for upcoming molt and future breeding projects.
Spiderlings remain communal in groups of 20/25
Awesome. I might give this method a try sometime. I've heard this sp. does well communally.

Rue

Arachnoknight
Cool! That's a whole of lot of spiders!

Too bad you're in the States...or I'd reserve that really cute baby...third from the top right corner...you know the one I mean...;)

phily1579

Arachnopeon
Hey ana. R u going to have any tigriniawesseli at the show in ny this weekend? The video is awsome. Ur amazing. They slings n mother look as healthy as can be. ur a great asset to the hobby. As well as tommy in Ny, kelly swift, paul becker to name a few. We appriate u n i love ur T's. Im going to get all 15 pokies. Or die tryin. :):clap:

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will have 11 out of 13 @the show, so here is your chance to get pretty full collection at ones
Anastasia

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Love the video, intimidating as hell though :p
JanPhilip,
think this event as a happy family event, female is very content with little ones
spiderlings are very healthy and teleporting around the cage, trying their new feet all 8 of them
this is the most interesting outcome of this hobby :D

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
before long i am going to get rid of all my tatoos, and have a few of tarantulas coming out of rips in my body, and another one like that with pedes, and have a pokie going up the side of my neck like that..

That would be awsome, If you dont do It I might, Great picture either way