Poecilotheria questions

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes but...

You have to keep in mind that the dish itself and the evaporating water in it create humidity.
Not trying to pick you apart there monkey just trying to be accurate.
Phil

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by AlbinoDragon829
What's it like when you remove the top?
I have a large 7 or 8" female p. regalis and she hides inside a cork bark tube about 12" long and 2" in diameter. I can pretty much do anything I need to do in her enclosure including cleaning the glass walls inside without any reaction from her whatsoever. I also have a mature male (her future breeding partner) that is in a tall one gallon clear rubbermaid type container with a screw on top, there is a cork bark slab inside so when I need to take the top off I do it in a manner so that the male notices the commotion, he will run and hide under the cork bark. I have never seen a defensive display from either one.
Ed

BTW, as for humidity I overfill the water dish (a 5.5 oz. deli cup) once a week and I keep the water dish full. about 50% of the lid is blocked off. I don't really stress over humidity for the adult regalis. the female is in a arboreal reptile style screened top enclosure. I also use these enclosures for a. versicolors and various tree frogs.
Ed

Last edited: