• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Poecilotheria miranda

blackcadillac70

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
got home 2day and my large female p.miranda had a sac.i was tickled to death.i've never done any breeding till now.got her from botar on nov.11 he sent the male he had with her told me to put them back together.i did till she ate him.so this is a joint effort.just got lucky.no pics afraid to disturb.

CHRIS{D

blackcadillac70

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
p.miranda babies

opened sac on mar.9th at 40 days they were already 1st. instar.haven't counted yet. later.will post more pics later may not be the best pics.

Attachments

blackcadillac70

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
p.miranda breeding

the final count on the p.miranda sac.that went to feeding slings was 37 not alot but better than nothing a guess.was not a big sac. at all lost some on the final 3rd.instar molt some were canniblelized.but not bad.far as i know and have been told this was the 1st successful breed in the u.s.correct me if i'm wrong.

thanks ryan 4 answering my questions.

CHRIS

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. miranda hatchout!!

I just opened my P. miranda eggsac at 24 days, counting 62 postembryo. I expected more since there were no infertile eggs, but I'm not complaining!! :D

Swifty

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
...coming along nicely...

The P. miranda are looking good!! Only one loss so far :D

Last edited:

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. miranda doing well!!

P. miranda are now in 2nd istar (P. miranda need to molt into 3rd instar before they feed) so things look good! :D

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Second Time Around!!

More P. miranda! :D Bred 11-8-08, produced the eggsac 3-28-09, pulled it today! (5-2-09) {D Looks like 70-80 postembyos! :D

Last edited:

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Poecilotheria miranda

Female ID: Po_mi_10

Female's most recent molt: 2-May-11

Molts since last eggsac: 1

First pairing: 2-Jun-11

Total pairings: 1

Sire ID: Po_mi_3

Male's ultimate molt date: 17-Mar-11

Eggsac found: 26-Sep-11

Eggsac Pulled 17-Oct-11

Condition when pulled: Eggs with legs

1st instar molt: 28-Oct-11

2nd instar molt: 6-Nov-11

Mating

Mom with eggsac

Eggsac

Post Embryos

2nd instar

Wacko

Arachnopeon
This is my second time of 'succesfully' breeding P.miranda. The first time, out of all the eggs, only one made it to spiderling. This time, it got a bit better. I'm glad this worked out the way it did, as P.miranda is still one of my favorite Poecilotheria sp., and one of my favorite tarantulas of them all.

Male molted: 03/2010
Female molted: 20/06/2011
The female grew up in a 2.2-communal setup, which was only split up when the two males reached adulthood. I received the male from someone else, he was also responsible for the other breeding project, which resulted in only one spiderling.

First mating attempt. 19/07/2011:
Male's drumming, female reacts. Saw a penetration but not 100% sure if it 'worked'. Female loses all interest in male afterwards (but no agression whatsoever).

[video=youtube;EcJvGH3VGio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcJvGH3VGio&feature=plcp[/video]

01/2012: Let the enclosure dry out for a couple of weeks, after which I flooded the place.

10/02/2012: Female started webbing heavily and continued to do this during the months February and March.

24/03/2012: Noticed her webbing a 'platform', so I expected a molt, but the next day I discovered an eggsac.

05/05/2012: Took eggsac. 83 healthy nymphs (first stadium). Not a single infertile egg.

Mommy after taking eggsac:

13/05/2012: Most nymphs molting into the second nymph stadium.

24/05/2012: Darkened nymphs (second stadium)

26/05/2012: Starting to molt into third nymph stadium.

06/06/2012: Darkened nymphs (third stadium)

11/06/2012: Saw the first spiderling, rest followed without a problem.

13/06/2012: Not all nymphs had molted into spiderlings, but I already noticed some cannibalism. Strange, since P.miranda is a species that can be kept communal very easily. The slings obviously did not inherit mommy's good genes. Because of this, I already started to split 'em up.

End result: 77 spiderlings (2 bad 1st stadium nymhs, 1 bad 2nd stadium nymph, 2 or 3 slings eaten)
Temperature was between 23°C and 27°C. Humidity: No idea, but it all happened in an Exo-Terra covered with a towel (for 90%).

David VB

Arachnosquire
Hey folks,

Just a short report on the breeding of P. miranda. Or better from the end result. Because of the fact that the female came here already bred by the owner, i do not have numbers or dates on what and how. Only thing i knew was that she had been paired with one male, shortly before she came to me. Not long after she settled in here, she began to web up the hollow bark and the n6 to 7 weeks later, i pulled the egg sac, of which i took some pictures i wanted to share, so enjoy ;)

The enclosure with fully webbed hollow bark :

The 'incubator' :

After opening up the web, i finally saw mom with her egg sac :

After some hustle, i could remove it from her :

Egg sac safe and well in the incubator :

After opening the egg sac, some nimfe3 immediately came out (one of the best moments in my short T career for sure!!!) :

Here are all the little ones (at first sight no bad ones and only 3 bad eggs :

Here is mom after she settled down :

This one i took to count them (in paint, putting dots^^) :

I counted 66 but i guess i couldn't see them all. Bat anyway, not bad for my first egg sac.

Greetings ;)