Poecilotheria metallica not eating

Ava

Arachnopeon
F35E88A6-6FD7-4ECE-98E1-7A578D9F86DE.jpeg Her after molt picture which was asked for. Sorry for late upload been really busy. But shes looking good and doing well

Ava

Arachnopeon
62559ADE-D21B-4C32-A249-9405436AF147.jpeg she molted on the 2nd of this month I was wondering is her red fangs normal and if it would be okay to leave her for another 2 weeks to recover fully before i offer her a feed? Her fangs arent black so i dont feel like she should be fed yet.

Orionoid

Arachnopeon
Post-molt T fangs go through a stage where they are red. Judging by that photo, I'd say you should wait for them to darken a little more before trying to feed, but I'm also not the most informed on how pokie fangs normally look.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Fangs go from white to red to black. All Ts fangs do this and wont be completely hardened until they're black. Then it would be safe to feed.

Ava

Arachnopeon
Her fangs have gone black but she seems to be scared of the cricket I put in for her. Should I leave it in over night ? because I have heard pokies seem to prefer eating at night. Her adomen isnt thin. just looks like same from when she molted.

Here is a photo of her adomen if it helps

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
That is a very plump spider. She might just not be hungry. I've never had problems with my p. Miranda not eating during the day, but if you wanted to see if she'll take a meal at night then you can try it, but getting her to eat soon isn't really too much a worry because she still has quite a good amount of size on her.