Poecilotheria metallica 3" females

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would like some advice on purchasing three 3" CB female Poecilotheria metallica for $450 which includes shipping.

How easy is it to sex P. metallica when they are 3", is there a color difference at that size?

Do you think $450 is a great price, good price, average price, or expensive?

It comes out to $150 each for a 3" "guaranteed" female. What do you think? :confused:

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For someone with experince sexing a 3 inch T. should not be a problem, especially if they got an intact molt. As far as price, for confirmed females that sounds pretty good.

Also, if you can get some reveiws for that particular seller before you lay out that kind of cash for anything.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it would be pretty easy to sex them with a good molt... ventral sexing I am not so sure. I have been able to sex much smaller spiders with a molt.

apidaeman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Where?????

BTW, I would say a female at that size and price. That is about the market price, fair price, if you pass I'd be interested.
5-5.5" females are sometimes for sale in the $550-600 range they generally sell quickly.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
3-confirmed females for 450 shipped?????? that actually sounds to good to be true but hey, you found them.... wow:eek: that's a find....

wayne

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
$450 for 3 guaranteed female metallicas is a steal. That combo should be worth between $800-900.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All I can say,
It smells like a fraud and looks like a scam
just my 2 cents

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All I can say,
It smells like a fraud and looks like a scam
just my 2 cents
Agree.

I'd be suspicious at $450 each, but $450 for three? That's less than 2nd instars go!

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you sure that is P. metallica and not A. metallica?
Are you sure it was for all 3?
If yes to both of this it's a scam or a VERY clueless person. Or both since they could double that price and it still be a steal.

Unless you have black mail material on this person I would vote don't do it.

apidaeman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
BTW, I would say a female at that size and price. That is about the market price, fair price, if you pass I'd be interested.
5-5.5" females are sometimes for sale in the $550-600 range they generally sell quickly.

I missed that part of 3- 3" Female P. metallica's. I thought it was one 3" Female P. metallica. I would be very careful, that sounds way too good to be true. That is easily $1000+ worth of P. metallica, no joke.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Too Risky

I appreciate the advice. It was a European transaction with someone I didn't know. Its probably way too risky. Thank you all for pointing this out to me.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ohh, here u go, and if other side wont ship your spiders what will you do? take a trip to Europe?
besides to receive an import it a whole alot of deferent story
you need import/export license
its bit more then just pay such a great deal of money and receive a live animal

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Don't even think about it, thatb is a scam and not even a well thought out scam.....rob

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i say good price on there size. most slings i come across are 200+ for 1inchers

GForce14063

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
GOOTY SAPPHIRE ORNAMENTAL (Poecilotheria metallica)
~1.25" $159 each, 4+@$145 each
• This blue and yellow beauty is one of the most coveted species in the tarantula hobby. They are as easy to care for and breed as the popular Indian ornamental and are generally calmer

I pulled this off of Micheal Jacobis website.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I appreciate the advice. It was a European transaction with someone I didn't know. Its probably way too risky. Thank you all for pointing this out to me.
May not be a scam the P.metallica in Europe are cheeper but would still be asking for more imo.