• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Poecilotheria formosa

SK8TERBOI

Arachnopeon
Bite occurred -Date 11/02/2010 Time: 8:30pm

While doing some routine Maintenance My Male P.formosa Ran up a Pair of 12" Tongs Lighting Fast and tagged me and bit several times Immediately my first thought was get him back in the container so i did after some coaxing to get him to release he had his fangs sunk in for well over 30-45 seconds when i got him to release the were two Puncture wounds from the fangs the bite went as followed

Bite Location -Right Wrist (possibly in vein)

9:00pm -Moderate Swelling and Cramping sensations Bleeding from punctures

10:30pm -Severe pain Involuntary muscle Spasms along with cramping of the left Side of my hand

1:15am -I have decided to head to my local Emergency Room

2:00am -At E.R at this point severe Cramping along with shooting pains

3:12am -Been seen by E.R Dr, on my way home No pain as they Gave me 2 injections of Dilaudid and 2 Norco's(similar To Vicodin) My hand on one side is completely Numb on my left 3 fingers i am at this point in belief it is the effect medicine i received

Medication Prescribed:

Percocet (Oxcodone & Acetaminophen) Dose:10/325 # of Pills -40 Tablets

Motrin (Ibuprofen) Dose:800MG # of Pills -60 Tablets

Robaxin (Methocarbamol) Dose 750MG # of Pills -25 Tablets -(Muscle Relaxant)

11/03/2010

2:30pm -I now have noticed the Numbness is still present in my hand only on the left 3 fingers I now realize this is an affect of the Bite

11/21/2010

10:15pm -Numbness is still present but not as bad it seems to be wearing off I still am experiencing some pain in that hand but nothing Compared to the first moment I recommend using Extreme Caution around This Sp and any of the Poecilotheria Genus They are My favorite Species Overall and This was Completely my fault I now know to use more Caution with the flighty ones my female is gentle so I assumed him to be the same But boy was I wrong

SK8TERBOI

Arachnopeon
Bite occurred -Date 11/02/2010 Time: 8:30pm

While doing some routine Maintenance My Male P.formosa Ran up a Pair of 12" Tongs Lighting Fast and tagged me and bit several times Immediately my first thought was get him back in the container so i did after some coaxing to get him to release he had his fangs sunk in for well over 30-45 seconds when i got him to release the were two Puncture wounds from the fangs the bite went as followed

Bite Location -Right Wrist (possibly in vein)

9:00pm -Moderate Swelling and Cramping sensations Bleeding from punctures

10:30pm -Severe pain Involuntary muscle Spasms along with cramping of the left Side of my hand

1:15am -I have decided to head to my local Emergency Room

2:00am -At E.R at this point severe Cramping along with shooting pains

3:12am -Been seen by E.R Dr, on my way home No pain as they Gave me 2 injections of Dilaudid and 2 Norco's(similar To Vicodin) My hand on one side is completely Numb on my left 3 fingers i am at this point in belief it is the effect medicine i received

Medication Prescribed:

Percocet (Oxcodone & Acetaminophen) Dose:10/325 # of Pills -40 Tablets

Motrin (Ibuprofen) Dose:800MG # of Pills -60 Tablets

Robaxin (Methocarbamol) Dose 750MG # of Pills -25 Tablets -(Muscle Relaxant)

11/03/2010

2:30pm -I now have noticed the Numbness is still present in my hand only on the left 3 fingers I now realize this is an affect of the Bite

11/21/2010

10:15pm -Numbness is still present but not as bad it seems to be wearing off I still am experiencing some pain in that hand but nothing Compared to the first moment I recommend using Extreme Caution around This Sp and any of the Poecilotheria Genus They are My favorite Species Overall and This was Completely my fault I now know to use more Caution with the flighty ones my female is gentle so I assumed him to be the same But boy was I wrong
A few Members requested I add the following information

Size Of the T 5" Immature male

Pain level -9 Out of 10

UPDATE:12/06/2010- The Numbness I was experiencing Has Now subsided and I now have full function of the hand

all that is left are the scars from the two puncture wounds

kevp

Arachnosquire
bitten by p.formosa female

Having joined today I've noticed this bite report section. I'd like to share with you my experience, my specimen is a four inch female.. Very skittish now, she used to be very docile. I'd noticed she had molted and after about a week I thought I'd remove the shead skin, using tweezers I picked up the skin being careful to avoid stressing her out when without warning she ran up the tongs/tweezers and sunk her fangs into my right index finger.. I can quite clearly say this was my fault for frightening her.
The pain I felt was excruciating with a radiating pain up my arm with muscle cramps through my chest, this lasted about 4 hours but I continued to suffer sweats and headaches for a week afterwards. Bite felt like I'd been hit with a hammer. Through my mistake I was bitten ill never make that mistake again.. The mistake I made was not realising that her attitude after she had molted had comletely changed.. I paid the price of ignorance. See pic I posted of bite on my page.

Last edited: