Species Poecilotheria formosa (a.k.a. Poecilotheria nallamalaiensis)

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can finally breed them, or soon at least! Ironically, this is Holley's (Immortal_sin) male who had his ultimate molt while I was visiting Holley in Oregon. Go figure!

He had such a transformation!

Check him out!

Here is his lovely future girlfriend!

This so exciting for me, you have no idea! I have been waiting for a while now!

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow that is so cool I have ordered a P.formosa ( 3.5 ") and it arrives 2moro. I know pokies are agressive, my P. rufilata is fast but not mean how do P.formosas tend to be? Dont worry i have no plans on handling any!

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
versimomma said:
Wow that is so cool I have ordered a P.formosa ( 3.5 ") and it arrives 2moro. I know pokies are agressive, my P. rufilata is fast but not mean how do P.formosas tend to be? Dont worry i have no plans on handling any!
He is very sweet and walked right up on my hand. Not a schitzo at all.

My female on the other hand, is a freak and has struck at me once or twice before, but I have handled her. All really depends on the spider.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
FINALLY! I thought he'd NEVER mature!
What a gorgeous guy he is. You know, before he mature, he was fairly schizo, but not aggressive...just very nervous. IME, mature male pokies seem to be a bit more laid back then when they are juvies. I don't know why, but my mature male regalises, faciatas, and ornata were all quite easy going.
Got my fingers crossed for a successful breeding!
Both my fasciata and regalis females molted after being bred....

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
do all formosas have those gorgeous purple and red highlights?

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Apperently not, there is like a darker colour form too a friend of mine has one but she is equally as gorgeous

Do the females always have darker colours than the male? And how soon roughly can you tell if that is the case?

Thanks again for the pics.x :clap: :worship:

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
excellent pics...great T's...thanks for sharing...please let us now when breeding will comense :D

Lochala

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When do the males begin to show their color difference from the females?

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lochala said:
When do the males begin to show their color difference from the females?
They seem to show a little of the "male colors" the molt before the ultimate one. Then when the males have their ultimate molts, all thier colors come out and sometimes its pretty obvious with pokies to notice the mature males before even noticing thier palps.

Lochala

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for telling me, Dwayne. He is pretty handsome by the way.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow they are both beauties. :) The P.formosa we have is still a juv. but we think female though :) Good luck Dwayne and Holley!

Last edited:

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lochala said:
Thanks for telling me, Dwayne. He is pretty handsome by the way.
No problem! I am always happy to share, that's why I take pics in the first place. Good to know they are appreciated. :D

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
rosehaired1979 said:
Wow they are both beauties. :) The P.formosa we have is still a juv. but we think female though :) Good luck Dwayne and Holley!
Thanks Kristen! I'll will try breeding them in about one to two weeks or whenever he makes a sperm web. Wish me luck!

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
scorpsrule said:
do u have any pics on the chaco golden knee??? just wondering
hit me back
Yes, I just posted a breeding thread HERE!

There are also more in my photo album.

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got bad news....:(

He died today :( from little white worms (not nematodes) that entered his abdomen and ate him from the inside out. His abdomen was practically pulsing from the worms inside him. It was very sad to watch. When I found him he was still very active and within 20 minutes he was weak and in a death curl. Seems the worms were killing him fast. I have put him in the freezer and will be shipping him out for an autopsy to determine the cause of death. Hopefully Kerry and RIESM can help me out. This could be whats killing my Ts so fast and may save my collection.

I guess this means no P. formosa breeding. :(

I am sorry I killed your male Holley. Please forgive me. This really F****** sucks!

I gotta move outta this house before I have no spiders left. On Friday, everything will be fixed. I pray to my non-existant god that this works......

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dwayne,

:( OH NO! :(
I'm so sorry for both you and Holley.

I may have missed something, how many Ts have you lost to those wormy things? That sounds pretty darn scary.

Again, I'm sorry.

---
Wendy
---

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That totally sucks, Dwayne. He was stunning. Hopefully you can get some answers soon, and hang on to the rest of them :(

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Yep, poor guy died a gruesome death, but he's being sent to Kerry at REISM, so we ,can hopefully figure out what killed him, and prevent more deaths.

Spider_Monkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm no professional photographer, but I just couldn't resist a photo opportunity like this. She was just out eating a late night snack when I snapped this.

Attachments