Poecilotheria enclosures

Arachnoclown

Arachnosquire
I've seen videos that say you should place your 3" pokies in their permanent adult enclosure. Is there any truth to this??? I've currently have 3 that are that size and don't want to stress them out in a gigantic new world.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
As long as they have a place to hide that is suitable for them, they won't be stressed out. I think the 3" permanent home suggestion would be to make the final rehouse easier for you as a keeper rather than for the spider.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've seen videos that say you should place your 3" pokies in their permanent adult enclosure. Is there any truth to this??? I've currently have 3 that are that size and don't want to stress them out in a gigantic new world.
How do you think they live out in the forests????????????????????

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I usually do it around that size. Easier to rehouse, and they very quickly grow into it.

Only thing bad about giant cages is hiding is more common, and food can be harder for them to find. Which is fixed with a little effort, but still something to consider.

cold blood

Staff member
You can, but it doesn't mean you have to. They are fast enough and good enough hunters. But I wouldn't/don't. I house them in 32oz delis till 3", from there I house them in a semi terrestrial fashion with more ground space and wood to get under. By 5" I put them in adult enclosures.