Pls help id scolopendra!!

NYAN

Arachnoking
I don’t know what species this is however centipedes are prone to desiccation. You need to get it some substrate and keep it moist. This allows it to burrow also so it can feel secure. Also something for it to hide under is good, this can be leaf litter or wood for example. You can use a bottle cap also as a water dish. No heating or light should be required. You can feed it insects or raw or cooked meat (as long as it isn’t seasoned) but insects should be its staple diet. Feel free to ask more questions though or correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
This looks like an adult of Cryptops or Scolopocryptops. Keep the substrate moist; you can probably use natural soil for these smaller species. Feed once a week, or less if the centipede gets fat.

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
She died. Dont know why she was strangevand begin to get weaker so i gave her to ma frog eat

NYAN

Arachnoking
Did you give it substrate to burrow in? Also did the enclosure become warm? I do not think high humidity can kill a centipede so fast.

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
Yes was warm and lots of earth i noticed she begin loosing legs, begining to think it was a undeground wild cokrooache taht came togethee in substrat i bring hee for spairy to eat my t

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Looks like a young scolopocryptops, a blind subterranean genus that requires humidity and darkness. light itself stresses them literally to death. when kept right, they stay just below the surface and pull prey down and seldom emerge unless the ground is so saturated that they'd die otherwise.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
How warm did you keep it? Most centipedes do not like high temperatures!