Plexiglass lid questions for aquariums and exo terra nano tall(need help)

Fade

Arachnosquire
I kind of answered my questions in previous thread, I apologize.

So I want to make a plexiglass lid for a 5.5 gallon aquarium as well as an Exo Terra 8x8x12. I want it to be a display, so the cleaner looking the better.

How thick does the plexiglass have to be, or does it not matter?

Does home depot or lowes cut acrylic to your exact size and how expensive is it?
Would you guys happen to know the exact cut size needed for 5.5 gallon lid and exo terra 8x8x12 lid?

How do I make the lid secure?

I don't want to hot glue it in or make a latching door. I want to be able to easily remove the entire lid for feeding and maintenance. I am assuming some good options are attaching some kind of handle on the top so I can remove it easily. And for securing it, I assume some kind of magnets or a thing you attach to the aquarium where it has a long piece of metal that rotates to cover the lid so it won't budge would work. Could you provide links or brand names to use for the handles and magnets, the cheaper the better?

What do I use to attach the handles or that rotating latch or the magnets to the aquarium or plexiglass?

For the plexiglass for the exo terra 8x8x12, it doesn't need a handle or anything but I want it to be secure.

What do I use to attach the plexiglass to the exo terra lid? Hot glue? Silicone?

What do I use to drill ventlation holes? Just any old drill? Soldering iron? What size holes should they be so no escapes?

A reply is greatly appreciated.

aikouikirisu

Arachnopeon
Ooooo. I saw Tom Moran from Tom's Big Spiders on Youtube do it. Personally I would not figure you need an really thick piece. He doesn't mention that but it looks like 1/8" thick. I want to do that myself for those enclosures when I get them. Do you have the same one as he has in the video? If so they are easy to pull out as is. I believe he uses a drill to make the holes. I think soldering iron would just make a mess. The hole size does depend on how big the spider is. In the video To did I think he used 1/2 inch drill size or the next size below that. I'm just judging by what he did. I also think he used epoxy to attach the plexiglass.

Here's his video link above. I need to look at where you get plexiglass cut.