Please review my enclosure

Russette

Arachnopeon
I'm so excited.

I just got my first tarantulas today.

I've put together enclosures and I wondering if I could get an opinion on whether or not they are appropriate.

The first is for a G. Pulchra.

The second is for a C. Versi.

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Not a big fan of that chunky sub, doesn't allow for any burrowing. I would change it for coco fiber, otherwise the setups look pretty good...the versi enclosure could use a piece of cork bark though.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Not a big fan of that chunky sub, doesn't allow for any burrowing. I would change it for coco fiber, otherwise the setups look pretty good...the versi enclosure could use a piece of cork bark though.
^x2

Take out the ‘bark/mulch’ from the top one, put in cocofiber/peat moss/etc.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm so excited.

I just got my first tarantulas today.

I've put together enclosures and I wondering if I could get an opinion on whether or not they are appropriate.

The first is for a G. Pulchra.

The second is for a C. Versi.

Agree with the burrowing comment.

For the versi, I like inverted setups with AMAC boxes. I tried using an inverted setup but using a twistcap like you. I find it a real pain in the butt. I don't recommend it.

A 16oz deli or a 32 oz deli is perfect for a versi.

Russette

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for your comments.

I just looked at the package for the sub I bought. I thought it was coco fiber but turns out it was coco husk which appears to be completely different. D'oh. :banghead:

I'll write that off as a rookie mistake.

I'll see if I can find some new sub in the next couple of days and look for a different container from the Versi.