1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Wolfspidurguy, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Wolfspidurguy

Wolfspidurguy Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    Do I bought a Curly haired Tarantula .5" from ken the bug guy and it got here today but I'm gone from home for a week and all I have to care for it is my mom and 8 yr old sister. It's still in the vile it was shipped in and I don't trust my mom to be able to house it what do i do i dont have the money to buy another one

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

I'm sorry but even a Demigod like me can't teleport so easily and all of a sudden from Lombardy, Italy, to Tennessee, U.S.A, for help you :angelic:

If no one else you know and trust is at hand, you have to rely on your Mother: tell her exactly what to do, give her a chance. This.

Or let the little bugger in the vial until you're home again, with the risks of course that said choice can bring.

3. Sarkhan42

Sarkhan42 Arachnobaron Active Member

So to be clear, you aren't home and it arrived now? Is there any reason you didn't just postpone getting it? In any case, you're gonna just have to have her set it up as simply as possible. Deli cup, substrate, water dish, and just stick the open vial into the cup, no removal needed. I'm sure your mother can handle dropping in a pre-killed cricket partway through the week to last it untii you get home.

If that's not the case, and you are home, just set it up in a deli cup and a water dish, and give it a large prekilled meal. It'll be more than fine for a week like that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. darkness975

darkness975 Dream Reaper Arachnosupporter

Have them set up a deli cup with some substrate and a water dish. Make sure it is large enough to set the vile in.

They can then place the vile in the deli cup and close the lid of the deli cup. At least it will be able to come out on its own and it will be safe inside the deli cup with a water dish until you return.

In the future, it might be advisable to heed time frames when placing orders online. Typically vendors ship Mon - Wed to ensure they arrive on time given that Sundays are off days and weekends tend to complicate shipping very often.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Wolfspidurguy

Look this thing I'm doing wasn't planed it just kinda happened

6. darkness975

darkness975 Dream Reaper Arachnosupporter

See:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ant

Ant Arachnopeon

Without being rude . . . what exactly would you like any of us to do about it? Unless someone on here has a DeLorean and can go back in time and tell you not to order the T . . .

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnobaron Active Member

Your options are get your mother to house it or leave it inside the packing to die, nothing anyone can do on here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

Well your off to a great start lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mini8leggedfreak

Mini8leggedfreak Arachnosquire Active Member

If it would help your mom u could tell her to google rehousing a T......??? Idk maybe it would help her. Idk what happened with your curly hair but I had 3 euathlus parvulus come a day early and I’m so lucky that Mom was home bc we planned on it coming when it was suppose to...the next day.
    Maybe I’m alone in thinking this but couldn’t a curly hair survive for a week in some damp paper towel??? I thought they were perty tough.

11. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

It would litteraly take seconds to setup an enclosure for the sling. No reason to leave it in the vial until he gets back.

Having everything ready beforehand would have negated this entire situation. Especially if your going to be gone for the week. Common sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. D Sherlod

D Sherlod Arachnoknight

So there is your answer..
    Get everyhing ready. Dampen the substrate .. Small water dish.. And all your mom has to do is open vial place inside your set up ... Place lid on
    Done
    Tell her not to even try to get sling out of vial..
    Just place open vial on its side inside your set up.. And put lid on tight
    Your sister couldeven do that

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Wolfspidurguy

Hey so sorry I've been away for a while I've been dealing with personal stuff but my mom did just fine with the spider

• Like Like x 4
  14. D Sherlod

D Sherlod Arachnoknight

Great glad to hear all worked out

15. Wolfspidurguy

Yeah wish I had a pic of it but I accadentaly deleted it

16. ediblepain

ediblepain Arachnosquire

Good job OPs mom! I'm going to assume you had some sort of unexpected personal emergency. Life can throw some crazy stuff at you when you least expect it, all you can do is adapt and improvise. Good luck with your spider, and welcome to the hobby.

17. Wolfspidurguy

yeah my mom did a good job (besides placing its enclosure on its side) she now has a personal bond with it which is cool

• Like Like x 2
  18. Swoop

Swoop Arachnosquire

Texas
    In the future, you might be better off looking for local sales for common T's like that. Of my 4 B. albo's, 3 were local craigslist/facebook finds.

No worries about shipping and it's much cheaper too.