Please help with my T Stirmi

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It just looks to me like it's been kicking hairs - which is perfectly normal behavior for T. stirmi (and most other old world tarantulas). My T. stirmi used to kick hairs all the time - not in response to anything I did, but just to set out a defensive perimeter around her burrow. After a molt she was always so pretty with that freshly-upholstered look - but a few weeks later, she'd resume kicking her hairs out again, covering her webbing and substrate in them, and start developing bald patches that would only continue getting worse until her next molt. Yours has not yet developed the big bald patches, but the white "fluff" looks like it's just loose urticating hairs to me.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
It just looks to me like it's been kicking hairs - which is perfectly normal behavior for T. stirmi (and most other old world tarantulas). My T. stirmi used to kick hairs all the time - not in response to anything I did, but just to set out a defensive perimeter around her burrow. After a molt she was always so pretty with that freshly-upholstered look - but a few weeks later, she'd resume kicking her hairs out again, covering her webbing and substrate in them, and start developing bald patches that would only continue getting worse until her next molt. Yours has not yet developed the big bald patches, but the white "fluff" looks like it's just loose urticating hairs to me.
Agree 100%, just plain old urticating setae sticking to its butt. Nothing at all to worry about.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's been kicking hairs, some get dislodged but don't go airborne and end up stuck to the abdomen, that is what you're seeing, it's not an issue.

Georgia

Arachnopeon

Thank you so much. She recently molted about 3 weeks ago and finally got rid of her bald spot and now started it up again She’s still gorgeous though! Thank you again!