Please help! P. irminia sling ran away.

Hyeniik

Arachnopeon
Hello! I need help. Today I looked into my P. irminia enclosure and she was gone! She´s a young spider, around 1,5 centimeters body lenght. She was there yesterday evening. Any tips on how I can find her?

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did you check her enclosure well dig in the substrate in case it burrowed as they tend to do when they are slings. If so look every where in the surrounding area. Checks any cracks, anything it can hide in. Look at the corners of the walls, the edges where the wall meets the floor. Even look up at the corners of the ceiling. In short look everywhere and don’t give up.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's just going to be a matter of luck as to whether you find it or not, don't be afraid to check places you have already checked too.

I woke up yesterday morning to find my B. smithi (ex annitha) had escaped, tore my room apart but to no avail, I had a little half-hearted search today and checked the skirting boards/insides of shelves/etc. and found it in under my bed after shaking out an old pair of cargo pants that I'd dumped under there, couldn't have gone more than 2m in total over 36hrs.

Good luck, I hope it turns up.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Keep the big lights off and search with a red flashlight might help.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Everything said above,and hopefully you secured the enclosures lid,even though you are assuming it escaped.
I'm saying this from first hand experience.
Famous last words," I swear it wasn't in the enclosure".

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
There were a few of my slings I thought escaped cause they were small and I couldn't see them but they were still in their enclosures.