please help my orange bob

paccen

Arachnosquire
首先,我是中国人,我的英语很差,我会尽可能详细地描述这些事情。
今天我收到了新的快递–两只橙色的鲍勃,但是我刚发现他们在角落里蜷缩,我本以为他们已经死了,但是他们没有。当我触碰他的时候们的时候,他们疯了一样的逃跑,但是当他们安静下来,他们又蜷缩在角落,我尝试给他们喂了葡萄糖,但是没有用,我该怎么办?

First of all, I am Chinese, my English is very poor, I will describe these things in as much detail as possible.
I'm sorry that the words were changed into Chinese. Today, I received a new express delivery -- two orange Bob, but I just found them cowering in the corner. I thought they were dead, but they didn't. When I touch them, they run away like crazy, but when they quiet down, they curl up in the corner, I try to feed them glucose, but it doesn't work, what should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:

sasker

Arachnoprince
I don't speak Chinese, but please use Google translate.

Do not give glucose to your tarantulas. They are predators. They are not butterflies! If they are curled up in the corner, please leave them alone. They are stressed and need to be left alone. Give them room to hide and they should be fine.

Can you make a picture of your enclosure or terrarium?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
First of all, I am Chinese, my English is very poor, I will describe these things in as much detail as possible.
I'm sorry that the words were changed into Chinese. Today, I received a new express delivery -- two orange Bob, but I just found them cowering in the corner. I thought they were dead, but they didn't. When I touch them, they run away like crazy, but when they quiet down, they curl up in the corner, I try to feed them glucose, but it doesn't work, what should I do?
'orange Bob' (I assume 'OBT') is fantastic!

Sounds like your average friendly American neighbour called Robert, that, with sorta reddish hairs, offers to you a beer in the backyard :pompous:

No glucose, anyway.

paccen

Arachnosquire
微信图片_20190309225326.jpg

Do not give glucose to your tarantulas. They are predators. They are not butterflies! If they are curled up in the corner, please leave them alone. They are stressed and need to be left alone. Give them room to hide and they should be fine.

i have uploaded the photos

thanks, and i have uploaded the photo

BenWilly

Tarantula Hillbilly
They are just scared, they are stressed from the delivery, give them time to adjust, what I do with new tarantulas is place them in a dark spot for a few hours to let them get used to their new enclosures. I would put them in something larger myself, and give them a hide half buried and a few anchor points for webbing

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is advisable to give tarantulas in that size some structure like a piece of bark. This speicies webbs alot and likes structure to attach the webbing to! I give them a thick layer of dry mulch or peat and pieces of corkbarks and dry branches! And a waterdish. They dont eat glucos, it may be dangerous?! Give them insects like flies, beetles, crickets or cochroaches

paccen

Arachnosquire
They are just scared, they are stressed from the delivery, give them time to adjust, what I do with new tarantulas is place them in a dark spot for a few hours to let them get used to their new enclosures. I would put them in something larger myself, and give them a hide half buried and a few anchor points for webbing
Thanks bro,i will try what you do

I'm going to keep watching,and thank
you all

paccen

Arachnosquire
Success! Please let us know how it goes :)
After a night, they had begun to weave the web. Apparently they were just scared, so I asked the seller, who often kept them in the dark, and I kept them in the sunny bedroom. But yesterday I was so anxious that I gave them glucose, which is stupid. I will post the photos later. Thank you for your help.

'orange Bob' (I assume 'OBT') is fantastic!

Sounds like your average friendly American neighbour called Robert, that, with sorta reddish hairs, offers to you a beer in the backyard :pompous:

No glucose, anyway.
It's just a translation error, as we call him in China

It is advisable to give tarantulas in that size some structure like a piece of bark. This speicies webbs alot and likes structure to attach the webbing to! I give them a thick layer of dry mulch or peat and pieces of corkbarks and dry branches! And a waterdish. They dont eat glucos, it may be dangerous?! Give them insects like flies, beetles, crickets or cochroaches
Yes, it worked

微信图片_20190310113421.jpg 微信图片_20190310113426.jpg
The first is obt with his web already woven, and the second is the tiny Monocentropus balfouri (which is super cute)

sasker

Arachnoprince
I would really rehouse your OBT into a bigger enclosure. It will almost certainly run off one time when you open the enclosure if you keep it like this. If you give it an enclosure with at least 4 times as much surface area, about 10 cm substrate and a piece of cork bark to hide under, it will retreat to his hide when you open the enclosure.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If i look on the picture and enlarge it. The carapace and chelicerae part looks very weird! What is that? Is ot just that the picture is blurry, but it certainly looks weird!

paccen

Arachnosquire
I have a bigger box and a better environment, but I live in northern China, where the highest temperature is only 15 degrees, and I need to heat it in a small box, hoping to give it a new home in the summer.

I have a bigger box and a better environment, but I live in northern China, where the highest temperature is only 15 degrees, and I need to heat it in a small box, hoping to give it a new home in the summer.
I will study in school on weekdays and see it a week later. I hope it is ok.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Please put the P. murinus into something much larger and with an area to hide! Your spider will be much happier if you do.

If i look on the picture and enlarge it. The carapace and chelicerae part looks very weird! What is that? Is ot just that the picture is blurry, but it certainly looks weird!
My first thought was that it has had its fangs removed...

PhilMcWonder

Arachnoknight
What they are doing is called a stress curl. It is normal for a Tarantula to become stressed out after traveling. What I recommend is to give them space and let them calm down for a few days. Maybe one week. Eventually they will relax and calm down.

paccen

Arachnosquire
What they are doing is called a stress curl. It is normal for a Tarantula to become stressed out after traveling. What I recommend is to give them space and let them calm down for a few days. Maybe one week. Eventually they will relax and calm down.
They are much better and I will keep them updated because they will soon be sexually mature and the female is already in heat

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
They are much better and I will keep them updated because they will soon be sexually mature and the female is already in heat
What now? Since English isn’t your first language and is super different from Mandarin and/or Cantonese, I’m going to assume that you are trying to say that the female is “mature”. Tarantulas don’t go through estrus cycles like other animals do.

paccen

Arachnosquire
What now? Since English isn’t your first language and is super different from Mandarin and/or Cantonese, I’m going to assume that you are trying to say that the female is “mature”. Tarantulas don’t go through estrus cycles like other animals do.
I'm sorry, I mean the female spiders are already mature. There is very little literature on bird spiders in China. Chinese businesses only breed and sell them, so few people study their habits carefully. So I hope I can learn more about them.