Please help me w/Photos - Canon A610

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OK, you could just stop rolling your eyes, I know for most of you digital photography is really easy, but I just can't seem to get it. :confused: I have the Canon A610. It's a really popular camera so if you have it and you could just tell me what settings to use I would really appreciate it. When I set the dial to auto and use macro, the pictures come out blurry and washed out. When I first got it, I got a few ok pictures, so I'm wondering if my kids got a hold of it and pressed some buttons and messed up some settings. How would I know? Also, I couple of weeks ago, I was taking some picures using the manual setting and I found that the lighting was better, but now the screen turns black when I turn it to manual. I have a feeling this is the work of an 8 year old.:wall:

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Try increasing the amount of light on your subject.. When you have the camera set to auto and macro the amount of light on the subject needs to be increased or the auto setting will have to increase the amount of time the shutter is open to compensate for the lower light and can lead to blurring if you are not using a tripod.

Just don't use so much lighting that you fry your invertebrate...or better yet use compact fluorescents which run much cooler.

John
];')

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Look here for your manual.
http://alpha03u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900

To reset-- press menu, over to setup then all the way down to reset all. This will clear all of your setting in the camera.

As said before better light will help.

this camera can focused at 1 cm wide angle. But you can not use the flash at that setting. you need to be at least 21 cm away before the flash will expose right telophoto.
thedarkfinder

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Also for lower light you can change the ISO manually to like 400 or higher. Although if its in auto mode the camera will automatically change the ISO.Sometimes though cameras are too smart for themselves in the auto mode and won't take the picture right.

Last edited: