Please help me to identify this scorpion / DEATHSTALKER ??

Maximumpain85

Arachnopeon
Hi guys...

I am living in turkey right now near the mediteranien sea...i know that the Leiurus quinquestriatus can be found in this Region...but i dont know if this really is the most pioson deathstalker scorpion or not...

I think there is a yellow and a black one...this on the picture is the black one...

The black one has little bit bigger claws...but does this also mean that he is not such a strong poison like the yellow one?

I am living in am area where the next hospital is some hours away and I don't have a car...what to do when this scorpion stings me? I have two small daugters 2 and 6 years old...i am afraid they could get sting...

I had in the last 2 years 3 scorpions in my house...and the first two ones had very small claws and where a little bit more yellow or light brown than this one on the picture...

What to do to away scorpions entering the house?

Attachments

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
Definitely not leiurus. There is a guy in eastern europe doing youtube channels who keeps native mediterranean scorpions... let me find his channel for you. One sec... The Dark Den. He is in Croatia. He has several species that look just like this. Mind the big bulky claws... a suggestion that it is likely not dangerous. I hope you get the exact info you need.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It appears to be a Scorpio fuscus. Not dangerous. Any sting should only cause localized pain for a short period.

Jonathan159

Arachnosquire
It appears to be a Scorpio fuscus. Not dangerous. Any sting should only cause localized pain for a short period.
Is that what that is? Never come across one of those before. Great looking scorpion. Are those common in the pet trade?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scorpio maurus comes in and out of the hobby pretty regularly. I have never kept them but I have heard they are difficult to breed and raise. Similar to Hadrurus sp in that they are very specific about their requirements.