Please help me identify this spider.

judictusPOPER

Arachnopeon
Hello I have posted here a few times in the past and have another spider for identifying although this one might be more urgent then other times.
I found this spider while moving a crowded shelf in a dark corner of the kitchen. It creeps me out a little as it looks like a black widow. It is about a 1cm from leg to leg. I live in Ireland and that is my only solace as black widows are not from here.
Here is the pic, feel free to ask anything.

Attachments

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Looks like a false widow in genus Steatoda. Harder to get any more specific than that without a clearer photo, but it's harmless.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Do they bite? Can it infest a house?
Most spiders are capable of delivering a bite. This one would be about on par with a bee or wasp sting, with possibly longer lasting effects (a day or two instead of hours, allergy to the bee or wasp notwithstanding).

Spiders are predators, so unless you have prey infestations you likely will not develop a spider infestation.

judictusPOPER

Arachnopeon
Most spiders are capable of delivering a bite. This one would be about on par with a bee or wasp sting, with possibly longer lasting effects (a day or two instead of hours, allergy to the bee or wasp notwithstanding).

Spiders are predators, so unless you have prey infestations you likely will not develop a spider infestation.
Thanks for all the information and the help, i might keep it i have a small spare tank and i have a mealworm farm to feed it. Any advice on keeping it, would it be like black widow care?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just an FYI. Latrodectus, 'black widows, brown widows', are very metropolitan and are now appearing in every continent. While your specimen is probably not a Latro a positive ID is in order.
Example: 12-14 years ago we had an isolated L Hesperus turn up in Thailand. Now they are being considered endemic. Their venom, while quite similar, is significantly more powerful than Steatoda.