Please help Identify this millipede

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
I find these everywhere around my house and in the woods, no idea what the species is though.
They were found in Douglasville, Georgia, and are about an inch long. IMG_4894.jpg IMG_4904.jpg IMG_4898.jpg

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Yes, definitely a species of Julida. With the exception of some distinctive species, members of this order seem hard to identify, at least to me. So many Parajulids look alike to me -- or maybe I've only found one species -- or maybe that family needs revision... :confused:

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
Thank you, I may look into getting them reviewed by a biologist with the equipment to check for sure on the species.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Thank you, I may look into getting them reviewed by a biologist with the equipment to check for sure on the species.
You know someone who can do that? Perhaps I should send you some of the parajulids I find around here in the fall...

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
You know someone who can do that? Perhaps I should send you some of the parajulids I find around here in the fall...
I've had some people tell me they can... doesn't exactly mean they actually know how. What I was saying is I may look into if they are legit. :happy: