1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help C. huahini really skinny.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by bravesfan, Mar 26, 2013.

1. bravesfan

bravesfan Arachnosquire

Georgia
    Advertisement
    She molted recently but I'm not sure when because the molt was hidden in her webbing but her fangs do appear to be red still. I threw a cricket in her enclosure last night and she chased it down but I noticed the molt and removed the cricket before she got it. She appears really skinny to me and I don't want her to starve but I don't want her to injure hersel by eating either so any ideas will be appreciated.

IMAG0241.jpg

2. Osmo

Osmo Arachnosquire

after a molt they will be bigger but have a smaller abdomen. This is because they use the excess fluids int he abdomen to fill up the new space in their extremities. its completely normal. they will fill back up when they start feeding again. if you are really worried just leave a pre killed cricket or roach in the enclosure for it. it will feed if its ready. they are not stupid and wont feed if they are not ready.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NoSBoH

NoSBoH Arachnopeon

PA
    Looks ok to me. They are always trim and fit after a molt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kazaam

Kazaam Arachnobaron

I wouldn't call that skinny, looks perfectly healthy to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DannyH

DannyH Arachnobaron

Tarantulas are always a little thin after a moult because they need to use most of their fluids to moult. Wait a few days for the fangs to harden then feed her.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  6. komokenison

komokenison Arachnopeon

She looks really healthy to me. If she took her cricket, then she's ready to go. All is good.

7. rob0t

rob0t Arachnoknight

SC
    Yep, looks like a normal tarantula that just molted. Nothing to worry about.