Please dont complain. *Graphic Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ectic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I respect the people who don't like to feed vert to invert but what does happen in nature when a starving scorpion meets with a Mouse ? Do they start living together ?

Anyway I don't feed mouse to my scorps... Don't like to clean

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ectic said:
I respect the people who don't like to feed vert to invert but what does happen in nature when a starving scorpion meets with a Mouse ? Do they start living together ?

Anyway I don't feed mouse to my scorps... Don't like to clean
Starving scorpions? Like an African rainforest runs out of bugs... :D

Besides, I wouldn't expect to find a whole lot of mice in an African rainforest.

But hey, I've been wrong before. :cool:

thesupermonkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shido,
It's no secrete I also use mice feeders so don't think I'm attacking you.
I think the way you approached the topic was asking for a confrontation.

First off, let's not kid ourselves, even if the store had actually ran out of crickets it's not like the scorp is going to starve in a few weeks or even a month. You, like everyone else in here and including myself, are fascinated with their predatory nature.

Second, you probably should have given the readers a heads-up as to the content of your post. Some people are really disturbed by the feeding of verts to inverts. Regardless of how we may feel about it, it's only courteous to consider how others may feel. It would be such a waste to cut yourself off from the wealth of experience and knowledge you can find here because you made a bad impression.

Third, anyone who says they give their scorp live mice feeders for sheer nutritional value isn't being completely honest with themselves. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this just so long as you're feeding your scorp natural prey items which it is capable subduing and killing quickly. You've crossed the line if you begin antagonizing your scorpion and prey to interact and disregard any prolonged suffering for either of the two.

Just a thought, no foul intended...
Munkey

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personal Thought:I think this is a totally natural post. A little graphic but, hey nature is a cruel beast at times. I find it quite interesting that the scorpion literally peels the fur and skin away revealing the soft flesh underneath like somebody eats a banana.

Friendly Advice:A little word of friendly warning for future posts. Put in the discription "graphic photos" that way people are warned ahead of time.

Back on Topic: That is nice scorpion you have there and thanks for sharing the educational pictures as well.

ectic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Steffen said:
Starving scorpions? Like an African rainforest runs out of bugs... :D

Besides, I wouldn't expect to find a whole lot of mice in an African rainforest.

But hey, I've been wrong before. :cool:
Ok, you got me there but In over populated of scorpion zone :) Anyway Scorp in nature eat what goes near them when hungry or angry :)

spiderjane

Arachnopeon
czarmx said:
if you don't want complains then why did you post it?

we don't need to know that your scorpion ate a mouse... so what is the purpose of this thread?
My thoughts exactly.

Rek

Arachnopeon
I think it is a stupid topic, if a scorpion caught a mouse or found a wounded/dead mous in the wild would it have second thougths on whether someone would be mad at it for eating it? if you dont like it dont look, it clearly said graphic pics...

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of the mods put graphic pics in the thread title not too long ago, Just about all the posts in this thread were made before the title change.

Shido

Arachnopeon
Okay I apologize for not putting a graphic warning on the post, and thanks to the mod who put it in the title. Second for those in doubt the store did actually run outta crickets mainly cause it is a crappy store in general. I admit the predatory instincts of animals are interesting but the isnt much of a hunt to watch with a frozen thawed mouse.

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i think it was very interesting. i must say, i would have doen the same, thank you for sharing.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joker2189 said:
wait shido, you told me that it was a live mouse before, which one is it?
It was a live mouse, he is saying that it wouldnt be any fun to watch it eat a F/T mouse.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
this forum is about scorpions, posting pictures about scorpions eating mice goes under that category as far as I'm concerned...cool pics, cooler scorpion...

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there will always be people who feed mice to scorpions, Ts or any other inverts that capable of doing it. i thin ktheres a thred that ive discuess with some one that scorpions that had been fed mice actualy turn ,more aggressive....... how true.?? i never like the idea of it any way

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i personally have no dig against feeding verts to inverts morally, but physically, it can be detrimental in the end. A mouse here or there does no harm, but take a lesson hard learned from many T blondi keepers, to much calcium in an arachnid's diet wears down the hardening agents in the cheliceria causing them to be come brittle and break. I fed a scolopendra a pinky once to help it recoop after a molt. I never did it again. a mouse is one thing, but one that cant even open it's eyes, that just made me feel like crap. Great pics, btw.

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i think this thread needs to end. you guys are starting to sound like a couple of hens squaking back and forth.

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
canadianscorp said:
i think this thread needs to end. you guys are starting to sound like a couple of hens squaking back and forth.
Agreed!

I don't see any reason for this thread to remain open. I need this like I need a hole in the head. :wall:

To all that I have deleted, consider yourselves officially warned. If I see any more crap from anyone here, I will start suspending people left and right. Don't tempt me. :embarrassed:

Debby

Status
Not open for further replies.