Please Advise: Spraying for Pests and My Ts

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Long story short my parents are having the downstairs area near the backyard and the backyard itself sprayed for termites and such. I was told they're using a liquid and that it's not aerosol. All 'organic' products. I was only informed this morning before leaving for work so right no is my time to do something, they get here in about an hour and I leave in half an hour for an appointment. Will they be okay? Should I have a friend look after them?

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I wouldn't risk it. If you can just move them to a different room away on the other side of the house from where they're spraying that should be enough

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Well you didn't give any info in terms of the distance relation between your Ts and where is being sprayed... If they're inside the house and they're spraying outside (which is what it sounds like) then you're fine obviously.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
How many arachnids do you own? If not too many I would move them away from the premises for a good few hours if not a day or two.

Call me paranoid.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Well you didn't give any info in terms of the distance relation between your Ts and where is being sprayed... If they're inside the house and they're spraying outside (which is what it sounds like) then you're fine obviously.
1 story and a few meters. They sprayed inside as well just not upstairs where the T's are

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
My parents continue to spray the house despite my adamant protesting, but when they guy comes they close my door, put a towel under the crack and put up a sign telling the guy not go in there. I'm not sure how much of the house he actually sprays but I've never had any kind of issue with the pesticides. I do believe they have the bathroom sprayed though and that shares a wall with my room. I think you'll be okay.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anything is possible, you'll have to hope for the best. The best news is the stuff they are using is a liquid.

A forum member on here, his neighbor was spraying and some Ts died.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
As a side note, anything "organic" for termite control (assuming they're subterranean) is snake oil and your parents are getting ripped off. Go with the Sentricon baiting system and you won't have non-target effects and you WILL have actual control of termites. Either way your Ts will be fine as long as it isn't an aerosol.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
1 story and a few meters. They sprayed inside as well just not upstairs where the T's are
I would think that's enough separation for it not to be an issue unless possibly aerosol then take extra precautions like covering them up or something.