Playmetris sp Mombo, where to find?

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
It's all in the title, I really want to get some of these assassin bugs(Yes, I do love communals). But it seems like no one really keep them or sell them... Any links or names or websites(Or tips about how to keep them/things I might not know) are appreciate:rolleyes:

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
bugsincyberspace sells them, though they’re not in stock currently. I just ordered a few P. biguttatus from them, though! I’ve wanted to keep Platymeris for a while as well.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Try posting in the For Sale section. @chanda keeps Platymeris and would know more about keeping them well.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Good luck, been trying to find some for the last year. Have you considered Psytalla horrida? They're very cool and somewhat easier to find.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Good luck, been trying to find some for the last year. Have you considered Psytalla horrida? They're very cool and somewhat easier to find.
If I can find some I would defintely consider them, but I read that they are harder to care for("Random Deaths"o_O).

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
If I can find some I would defintely consider them, but I read that they are harder to care for("Random Deaths"o_O).
I raised two from nymphs, after losing three, based on a lot of good advise I got from a breeder. Basically - no crickets, roaches only - no water until adulthood (and then only to breed = wet sand in a deli cup) - vertical cork bark for molting. I followed this advice and had no problems getting them to adulthood ( I know, it sounds like the movie Gremlins).

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
here's a quote from the breeder: "they are fed diets that consist primarily of roaches (young nymphs do especially awful on cricket-heavy diets)". Not sure why but his suggestions worked for me.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Just remembered you're from Canada - is it no roaches or just no dubias? Either way he said mostly roaches, maybe you could substitute mealworms, maggots, wax worms, etc.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
@Lucanus95 keeps them. Idk if he has any available right now but he had hundreds of nymphs this spring. (I got some when he accidentally mixed up eggs and sent me mombos instead of P. horrida. He refunded me for the horridas and I got to keep the mombos)

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
@Lucanus95 keeps them. Idk if he has any available right now but he had hundreds of nymphs this spring. (I got some when he accidentally mixed up eggs and sent me mombos instead of P. horrida. He refunded me for the horridas and I got to keep the mombos)
If you ever get then to breed and want to sell a few you know who want some ;)