Plastic hides.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I'm sure this has been done already but Just looking at peoples thoughts on fake rock/log style hides for terrestrials. Pro's, cons?
Which are the better ones?

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Cork bark is prohibitively expensive here so I save it for arboreals. I use the pet quality coconut shell hides as they are fairly reasonable in price, and I haven't had a T or scorpion reject one yet.....try Ebay if you don't have them locally for cheap.....

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I know many also use coconut husk fiber mat. I would love to try it sometime too for my terrestrials.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'll use pretty much anything as a hide...

One of my Ts has a half dome plastic bowl that was made as a wall hanging betta tank. PVC pipe, especially elbows, as the start of burrows is great. Another of my Ts has half of a broken ceramic dog bowl. The possibilities are endless!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
My B. hamorii has a nice amphora I brought back from my holidays. I cut in half, smoothed down the edges, buried it in an angle with a nice starter burrow underneath... and she uses it frequently!

To sit on top! :shifty::rofl:

20181021_amphore.jpg

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Hi mate. I prefer not to use cork bark as it is rediculously expensive to get here. I think curved gumtree bark makes the best hides as they are resistant to fungus. Not a big fan of plastic hides just based on how they look aesthetically

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I personally use clay pots and solo cups. I don't cover up the clay pots because I like the way they look, but with the solo cups I cover them up with sub to make it look look like any other hide. When they get larger, I'll use a plastic flower pot cut in half. I've tried using cork bark, but it molded up a bit (white fuzz everywhere), and it's a bit expensive so I'd rather go with the cheaper route. Doesn't harm the tarantula at all and it's easy on the wallet and the eyes.