Plants? Plastic, or Real? Using Reptile foggers?

gbatemper

Arachnopeon
I am planning to add a few plants. I am unsure whether I should add plastic with suction cups, or real ones which would look real nicer and would decompose after it dies.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Will the plastic plants harm the pedes? Will real plants be feasible? In addition, I am planning to add a Reptile Fogger to automate humidifying the tank. Is their any problems with this setup?

Camden

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I haven't used any kind of plants at all. With real plants the millipedes will eat the leaves. It may or may not harm them, but even if it doesn't it's still obnoxious. and with fake plants, i've STILL heard of people saying their pedes took a chunk out of them, so I lean away from plants all together, but by all means try it if you want. Just personal preference, but if you do, I would go with fake plants. A reptile fogger seems like a pretty good idea :) just make sure it doesn't make things "too" wet. Just semi-moist as you probably already know.

gbatemper

Arachnopeon
I haven't used any kind of plants at all. With real plants the millipedes will eat the leaves. It may or may not harm them, but even if it doesn't it's still obnoxious. and with fake plants, i've STILL heard of people saying their pedes took a chunk out of them, so I lean away from plants all together, but by all means try it if you want. Just personal preference, but if you do, I would go with fake plants. A reptile fogger seems like a pretty good idea :) just make sure it doesn't make things "too" wet. Just semi-moist as you probably already know.
Thanks again Camden! I plan to keep the fogger in low mode, or use a programmable timer.

I ended up buying some pesticide free cushion moss from amazon, it was cheap and it looks nice (I heard pedes love to eat moss).