Planted Viv for Tapinauchenius

hydrophyte

Arachnoknight
Planted Viv for Tapinauchenius

I have a concept in mind for a planted viv to house a Tapinauchenius capreus tarantula.

Google: Tapinauchenius

Members of this genus are interesting spiders. Most are around three inches long and are smaller than most other arboreal tarantulas. This lesser size should scale well with a smaller enclosure size and I intend to use a 12 X 12 X 18 Exo Terra enclosure for this project. It will have the same basic setup as my current 12 X 12 setup (below) with a few important differences.

The spider is already on its way from Pennsylvania through the post. I hope that it get here OK. I might have pictures to share pretty soon.

Toogledoo

Arachnoknight
Wow, that is really cool. I'm horrible with plants, can't seem to keep them alive.

hydrophyte

Arachnoknight
Thanks folks. That setup above is actually not for the new T, but I will use a similar kind of plant layout and.

I have a little group of Phyllocrania paradoxica mantises in the above enclosure. The plants include various miniature ferns and orchids along with a few Tillandsia air plants.

hydrophyte

Arachnoknight
Gorgeous. Cannot wait to see the Tappy in there.
Hey thanks. Like I said, the tap is actually going into a different setup. I just included that picture above as an example of the general setup. I will also do the new one in a 12 X 12 X 18 Exo Terra, but I'm using different plants.

Gilberator

Arachnosquire
Yeah man....WOW! Your mantids must LOVE it!! Definitely interested in seeing the tappy in its new home. :)

hydrophyte

Arachnoknight
Here are a couple of quick and crummy pictures of the T. capreus. It has a real distinctive appearance .

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Really love all your planted tanks, and look forward to this one. Any idea on plant sp. you plan on using? And what kind of lights are you gonna have? I recall a set-up similar to the pic provided for an A.avic. Im wondering how its doing with all the light?

hydrophyte

Arachnoknight
Really love all your planted tanks, and look forward to this one. Any idea on plant sp. you plan on using? And what kind of lights are you gonna have? I recall a set-up similar to the pic provided for an A.avic. Im wondering how its doing with all the light?
Thanks again. This new setup will have mainly Tillandsia air plants situated up on manzanita with other short plants planted into the bottom area. The A. metallica in the 37G doesn't seem bothered by the bright light. Sometimes she walks right out into the front of the tank while the lights are on.

AWESOME looking tank!
Thanks!

hydrophyte

Arachnoknight
Beautiful spider, too.
Yeah it really is great. It looks so different from other tarantulas that I have seen.

Here is a quick shot for an idea of how a manzanita feature might look planted with nothing but Tillandsia. These are just a few extra plants that I had on hand. I have an order with more Tillandsia that inlcude a couple of the real small miniature species on the way. This feature isn't mine either; I built it for a customer. I have a slightly different manzanita design in mind for my setup.

---------- Post added 10-29-2012 at 10:42 PM ----------

Thanks for the like Storm76.

It's going to look a lot cooler when I get the new plants for it.

Ambly

Arachnobaron
this enclosure looks more beautiful every time I see it. Absolutely awesome design.

hydrophyte

Arachnoknight
Last night I got a box in the mail with eight or nine different Tillandsia. They are such cool little plants. I'm editing and uploading specimen pictures right now. Here is T. aeranthos "Miniata".

sternod1235

Arachnopeon
that big

thats pretty big for that small of a tarantula i keep my borneo black ts in that size enclosures and they get to be allmost 10 inches