Pinktoe Tank Humidity & Temperature

TheSilent1

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

I am a new T owner with some questions.
I have a couple of temperature and humidity questions for you.

I have a new pinktoe and I am trying to keep the temperature constant in her tank.I have her on my entertainment center by my front door.
Her tank stays at about 70 degrees with about 70% humidity.

From what I have read her tank should be warmer with more humidity.
What should I do?

Should I use any type of heat unit to increase temp?
Should I cover up part of her tank lid to aid in humidity and temp.

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Temp and humidity are fine. I wouldn't let the temp get below 70F though. Keep a water dish full and the spider should have the humidity requirements met. If it hovers over water dish, moisten the substrate and restrict the ventilation some. ;)

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pinktoe Humidity...

I agree with Brian,
I keep all of my avics around the 70/70 mark too. Moistening their substrate every other day. Raising the temp to 80 now and then wouldn't hurt either. :D It seems avics prefer more ventilation than other spieces.

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't do anything special for mine. Room temp (70-75 degrees) and just a water dish for humidity. They are just fine. I mist maybe once a week, but it's more to get the poop from the side of the cage than anything.

Sandra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Your setup sounds good to me too. Just keep an eye on the container for excess or increasing condensation...if you notice it see about improving upon ventilation.

My dealer said, when giving me my avic slings, that just regular room temperature will be fine. I did notice however, they are less active near 70, and more active as it gets above 76 or so. I think they will be fine around 70 though. Post some pics of your sweetie!

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
sounds good....i keep mine about 73-75 degrees and about 55% humdity....except when i mist once every 2 weeks it goes up to about 90% for a day or so.

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This may sound stupid, but this post brings up something I was considering. I was going to buy an entertainment center for my television and stereo and then put my Ts on the top.

The thing that made me decide against it was the vibration that would be constantly going on. Place your hand on the top and feel for yourself. Mine vibrates allot. Bass probably.

I would think that so much vibration would be an irritant to the Ts.
Am I totally thinking crazy here. I mean I am new to owning Ts so I may be worrying too much.

Mine is also by my front door, which means drafts.

dkny_stylez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
humidity is overrated, mine stays within 30-60% and i've had no probs.

Sandra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
NoS, keep in mind that there'd also be a big fluxuation in temperature. Those electronics give off a lot of heat at times.

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sandra said:
NoS, keep in mind that there'd also be a big fluxuation in temperature. Those electronics give off a lot of heat at times.
So you would agree with me that it doesnt seem to be a good idea?
Heavy vibrations and extreme temp changes. These two things do not make sense to me as far as favorable elements for a T.

I wonder what the temp change would be. There seem to be better ways to control temp than this.
I am no expert by any means, so please correct my way of thinking if I am wrong. I want to learn.

delta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi,

what if you next time first read/learn about the spider, look one or two weeks with an empty tank about the conditions and buy then the tarantula.. if they could speak they would propably say thx.

cheers ;)

TheSilent1

Arachnopeon
:worship: Wow!!

I want to thank all of you for replying to my thread with such gusto!
I am very greatful for everyones input on this topic.

It amazes me how everyone is so fired up when it comes to caring for their T.

Because of the great input I have received ,I am resting a little easier concerning my temp and humidity question.

I think the little girl is ok.

So until our next topic.

A Happy T Owner
p.s. I have yet to name the little one

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha! I have 3 unnamed T's right now. An A. avicularia, L. parahybana and a B. albopilosum.