Pinkie availability

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Hey folks, where do you get your pinkie mice from? I know there are atleast three people near chicago that post on this board regularly, and a specific source would be great. Failing that, in general, what kind of places do you get these from? All the pet stores I've checked don't carry them.

Bill

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Yo Conipto... what area of the metro are ya in? I'm in the Western Suburbs on the Naperville/Lisle border...

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hmm

I didnt know it was a tad difficult finding feeder mice around your area, here I have a petshop 5 mins away that has fuzzies, pinkies.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am surprised you cant get them. Every single petstore in this city has them. The hard part is getting them alive.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see

heheh, the lil guys are alive and kicking at the store around here.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Hey folks, where do you get your pinkie mice from? I know there are atleast three people near chicago that post on this board regularly, and a specific source would be great. Failing that, in general, what kind of places do you get these from? All the pet stores I've checked don't carry them.

Bill
get the most recent issue of "Reptiles" magazine, there are a lot of ads in it for frozen rodents that can be shipped anywhere in the U.S. if pinks are not available in your area. you might also want to start breeding the rodents yourself, you might be able to sell the extras if you have too many, or freeze the extras. it is a smelly messy job if you do raise them yourself, I spend probably an hour a week or so doing rodent maintenance for four bins of rats I raise for feeders (I have stopped raising mice as the rats are better mothers towards their pups and it seems IME that the rats are hardier).
Ed

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mister Internet
Yo Conipto... what area of the metro are ya in? I'm in the Western Suburbs on the Naperville/Lisle border...
Actually I live right in the city. I'm a field service guy though, so anywhere in chicagoland would be fine by me.

Bill

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bill,
You'd think that any reptile store in your area that sells snakes will sell mice. Might try calling reptile dealers.:)

E.T