1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink toe won't web

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Lugnut87, May 14, 2018.

1. Advertisement
    Hello I'm a little new to the hobby I started with a obt sling and recently added a pink toe to my collection I was wandering why he/she won't web is there something I'm doing wrong I mean he/she eats and everything but won't create a home any ideas or opinions why?

2. Razzledazzy

Razzledazzy Arachnopeon Active Member

Tank pictures please! It could be she just doesn't feel she has enough strong anchor points. How big is your pink toe? Even if you're doing everything right, it may take a few weeks for it to adjust to a new environment and begin to web.

• Agree Agree x 2

Attached Files:

4. It's not much but from what I've read as long as th enclosure has height and some sort of plants abd a watwr dish it should be fine o konda threw it together in a rush

5. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    How long ago did you rehouse? It might still be in its transitional period.

6. O got it about a week or 2 ago from a local pet store

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Greasylake

Texas
    Tarantulas usually need a few weeks to settle into their new enclosures, seeing as it's only been in there a week or two I wouldn't be surprised if it's still making itself at home.

8. They also said it had just molted prior to me buying it

Does it make any difference if it's cage is next to my obts?

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2018
  9. Greasylake

Texas
    That wouldnt make a difference.

10. Ok thank you for the advice

11. boina

boina Arachnoprince Arachnosupporter

Germany
    It looks a bit cramped in that enclosure. Avics do appreciate a bit of space. They don't just need 'plants in there' but a kind of tree like structure with a substantial piece of bark or wood placed upright to hang out on and fake leaves surrounding the top of the bark/wood to make a web in between.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Mine took over a month to start webbing, the enclosure isn't ideal but I've seen much worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnoknight Active Member

How do you do maintenance on KK terrestrial style enclosure when you're using it for arboreal?

Why not just spend the same money on a proper arboreal enclosure?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. sasker

sasker Arachnobaron Active Member

Not related to your question but just to be certain: you do realise that an OBT has a very nasty bite that could send you to the hospital, right? I am asking because you bought your tarantulas from a local pet shop. These shops are not known for giving accurate information to their customers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I have another cage for the pink toe but am waiting until I have all the proper stuff to transfer it kinda on a fixed income atm and the not I actually ordered offline about 19 months ago from jrs invertebrates it was my first t and hasn't given me a single problem yet

The obt

This is the obt not a good pic but he's not really out too awfully lol

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

The avic....like boina said, wood is pretty important. And remove that light!!!

The OBT needs significantly deeper sub, what you have is inadequate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Malo

Malo Arachnopeon Active Member

Your first tarantula was an OBT? :wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Garth Vader

Garth Vader Arachnohipster Arachnosupporter

I notice my avic doesn't seem to web a lot except right before a molt. When I rehoused mine, it went a while without webbing and then it webbed up a storm and molted shortly afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I understand I put what I had left in his cage and that wasn't a light it was my kitchen light a lamp with ts is a big no no lol

Yup and I've had him for almost 2 years lol

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  20. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Crappy pic..post something that we can actually see. Glare is never good.