1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink toe won't eat and backs away from food

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Arveris, May 14, 2018.

1. Arveris

Arveris Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    My pink toed tarantula who has never refused a meal in the 2 months ive had it started refusing food about maybe half a week ago. It backs away and won't eat it, any advice on why this is happening??

2. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince Active Member

Could be alot of things.. Most logical would be that it's not hungry.. It could also be premolt..

On the flip side it could be dehydrated or the enclosure could be too humid.

Post pics of, or describe your set up and husbandry routine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Arveris

Arveris Arachnopeon

I've been spraying itw enclosure rhe same amounr since ive gotten it and its water dish is always full and I also spray its web once a week just incase it isn't finding it. Can't post pics at the moment but I think it may just not be hungry

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. 14pokies

With this species spraying the enclosure can result in death.. The occasional light misting of the web for drinking is fine as long as you don't over do it..

Ideally this species is best kept bone dry with a large water dish and plently of ventilation.. They thrive like this and can go down hill fast if kept otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arveris

Arveris Arachnopeon

I was told that their humidy should be kept at medium level and to spray it once every week or two. Hm interesting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. 14pokies

Nope.. I and many others only keep them in a slightly moist enviroment untill they hit 2-3 instar. After that they are cared for the same as adults. I keep and breed this Genus regularly like this.. I have raised probably 4-5 hundred slings like this over the years.. I have another sac of A.avic cooking as we speak.Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Arveris

Arveris Arachnopeon

Okay cool thank you for the info!

8. 14pokies

No prob man. I think @Venom1080 made a detailed care guide on this Genus. If he could be so kind as to drop the link here I would appreciate it o_O...I think you will find it helpfull.

9. Arveris

Arveris Arachnopeon

Cool thank you

• Like Like x 1
  10. RonnyT

RonnyT Arachnosquire

11. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    You were told wrong. That's actually a pretty good way to kill them, like @14pokies already said.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Na, that's bad/outdated information, they should be kept mostly dry with a large water dish and excellent cross-ventilation, I don't even spray the webbing, I've seen all of my Avics/Caribena come down to drink.

Check the links that @RonnyT posted, they contain pretty much everything you need to know in regards to Avic/Caribena/Ybyrapora care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Hard to say, could be not hungry. Not enough info to go on.