pink toe sling feed

flamtabk

Arachnopeon
i recently got a pinktoe sling and i am confused about what to feed it. can i use regular size crix or do i use pinhead crix?

Elson

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'd feed my pinktoe sling with pinhead crix or mealworms...you wouldn't wanna take a risk right?? so normal size crix are not a good choice for your pinktoe...

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
depending on size of sling...but if you use the mealworm, squash it's head first..they'll try to bite your sling. with crix...if you can't get pinheads..rip the hind leg off of a big crix and offer "drumsticks", or squash med.size crix head and offer.
dianne

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most Avicularia spiderlings are quite capable of taking larger prey items this one of the features I love about this genus :).

hope this helps

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I always try a big cricket first and if it scares the spiderling then I move down from there. I will then offer it a small cricket and if that is too big then I will tear off the hind legs of a cricket and throw them in. It usualy works pretty well.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
I find it safe to stuff any avic slings small crickets with size a little longer than the sling's body length, but no longer than the sling's legspan. Of course mealworm wrestling in the web is always fun to watch.