1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink toe molt or dead?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by KandB, Jul 10, 2017.

1. campj

campj Arachnoknight

ID
  2. Anoplogaster

Anoplogaster Arachnobaron Active Member

I advise against handling. I've watched a dropped T slowly bleed to death over the course of 24 hours. Just don't want anyone to have to watch a helpless, dying T quivering in a way that puts knots in your stomach to watch, while beating themselves up over the guilt. When you see it first hand, it sends a powerful message.

A 6-inch T dropping from a height of just 1 foot would probably be similar to a human belly-flopping off a 10-foot ladder onto solid concrete.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

4. mconnachan

mconnachan Arachnoprince Active Member

Yes you should it would be helpful, no need to kid, there's always the chance that you really have come across a great way of keeping Avics, I'm on the fence at this point so yes post whatever set-up you're meaning. No harm no foul.

• Like Like x 1
  5. campj

campj Arachnoknight

ID
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. KandB

KandB Arachnopeon

Ok everyone, new question. I have been reading a few threads and I am kinda of freaking out. I think I'm just in my head to much. We recently buried our pink toe that we lost. She wasnt moving at all, her one front leg was almost deteriorated. The abdomen was pretty shrunk in, and when I did finally check and move it, she was completely still. You could turn her on her back aND when poked with the paint brush no movement at all. I just want to make sure I did the right thing burying her, and I didn't do it to soon :/

7. Lmarie

Lmarie Arachnopeon

Here is my set up. I use the sling enclosure from Jamie's tarantula. I liked the idea of it opening from the bottom but they are really hard to open if the top is pushed all the way in. So I wouldn't advice this enclosure for anyone. I keep mine only closed enough so he can't escape so I can open it more easily without stressing him out. 20170716_192324.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Trenor

Trenor Arachnoprince Active Member

NC
    From your description it sounds like it was dead. Sorry.

9. viper69

@Travis Antula What in my post do you need clarification on? You used that emoticon for my post here in this thread.

10. Travis Antula

Travis Antula Arachnopeon

Sorry I am on mobile and must have clicked while scrolling! I undid it.

11. viper69

NP, just wanted to be clear.