Pink toe help?

CronaStarX

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I purchased a pink to tarantula close to a week ago, (5 days ago exact)
She's incredibly small, her leg span only reaching 1.5inch, however I'm having difficulty feeding her.
She does not accept any food no matter what it is, pinheads, baby pinheads, crushed pinheads, wax works, etc, I know the store I purchased her from had not fed her the day I got her either,

I've read quite a few forums and have noted that not eating isn't necessarily uncommon, however it's just very strange to me, I've never had the issue before with my other tarantula (white stripped knee)

Any advice is appreciated! Cheers!

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Yeah, the difference between your new pink toe and your white knee is completely different in feeding. White knees destroys anything that goes into its enclosure. While the pink toe A. Avic eats less for a feeding response/frequency, so I wouldn't really worry about it. And is that the enclosure for your pinktoe right under your hands in the pic??? That looks like a terrestrial T. enclosure not a Arboreal enclosure.

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
Post pictures of your enclosure as well. If the T is set up improperly that could cause it to refuse to eat. Particularly if it's too humid.

Your tarantula looks pretty healthy; as long as it looks healthy, has water, and it's cage is properly setup I wouldn't worry if it refused food for awhile. My avics only eat one big meal every 2 weeks or so to fatten them up. If it's refusing food it could be going into premolt also.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Avicularia are very shy in nature. It needs time to adapt. I leave mine alone for a week. Best result I got waiting untill they webbed. Keep it dry with full waterdish.

CronaStarX

Arachnopeon
Yeah, the difference between your new pink toe and your white knee is completely different in feeding. White knees destroys anything that goes into its enclosure. While the pink toe A. Avic eats less for a feeding response/frequency, so I wouldn't really worry about it. And is that the enclosure for your pinktoe right under your hands in the pic??? That looks like a terrestrial T. enclosure not a Arboreal enclosure.
Yes ill admit it's the enclosure I kept her in for the bit, I've since moved her to another tank thats more suited for her, thank you!

This thread contains pretty much everything you need to know to keep this species succesfully:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-husbandry.282549/#post-2461396
:)
Thank you so much!

EDIT

thank you all so much for replies! Honestly I was just worried about possible starvation,
Thank you so much again!

Last edited by a moderator: