Pillbugs and Isopods question

Millipedematt

Arachnosquire
Can I keep more than 1 type of pillbug together or will it create problems
I had several different species of isopods in my millipede tank at one point. They all seemed to get along but I was told isopods eat baby and molting millipedes so I redid the enclosure. But as far as just keeping isopods I'm pretty sure you would be able to do it. Make sure to have an abundance of food and you should be fine.

Psydeus565

Arachnopeon
And don't forget food with protein, like dog food, every once in awhile. That will stop them from cannibalizing/predation too.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
I have kept 3 species together (T. rathkei, A. vulgare, and P. muscorum) and they survived together for a while. Unfortunately, one of the muscorum had a strange disease that killed all other isopods and soon every individual of that species and all other species succumbed to the isopod plague.

When keeping any species together, keep in mind that there is one species which breeds faster, eats more, and generally is superior in the particular conditions you are providing. After a while, that species will choke out the other, less adapted species, usually eating them in molt.

Still, if you make sure that each population is stable or you have a large enclosure, each species should thrive with some monitoring.

Mrnoerah

Arachnopeon
Ive never ran into problems with keeping species together. I just give them crushed up dog food or fish flakes on occasion and they reproduce very well. I've got dozens of little white baby isopods in my current setup.