Pics

Hoosier

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey leiurus cool scorps. How long have you had the spadix for and how big is it?

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea this threads very old. It says he was active a few days ago but I dont think he posts much.

dubaiboyz

Arachnopeon
wow oh wow this is so great. thanks for sharing your collection hope you could post more. it's great. thanks

JustPassingThru

Arachnopeon
Northwest Georgia Scorpions

I stumbled onto this website while searching for information on a particular scorpion. If this works right, the attached pictures should be clear enough.

I like in Northwest Georgia, Walker County, and these guys are found everywhere in this area. This is especially true if the area is heavily wooded.

Question: What is it's real name?

Attachments

JustPassingThru

Arachnopeon
Vaejovis carolinianus is what you have there
Thank you!

If you can either tell me what they eat and how to care for them, OR, direct me to a site that explains all this, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at raising a few.

On a side note, another interesting thing I found on the property is a nest of European hornets (or so the county extension agent says). At first, we thought they were cicada killers but when I stumbled on the nest, I knew they were some kind of hornet because CKs aren't typically social creatures. Needless to say, they are HUGE and seem to enjoy buzzing the house lights at night.

Thanks again,

JPT