Pics of my first planted T enclosure

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've wanted to set one of these up for a long time. I finally got around to doing it. I still need to cut some plexi glass to make the door but other than that it is ready for my female A.versicolor. The tank is a ten gallon set on its side. I put a beautiful jewel orchid Ludisia sp., two lemon button ferns Nephrolepis cordifolia 'duffii', one Tillandsia. I will post pics when I put her in soon.

Pics are futher down the post and I've added and removed some plants.

Mike

Last edited:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Beautiful setup!

What are you using on the back walls?

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you. The background is coco husk fibers. It's sold as different sized pieces. It's just woven coconut husk fibers.
Mike

Last edited:

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I added the vented plexiglass door. All I have to do now is wait for the silicone to dry and then I can add the versicolor. The vent was cut from a snap in gutter guard that is used to keep debris from getting into gutters. I couldn't find any vents at home depot, so I had to improvise.
Mike

Last edited:

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice job Mike! :D Looks great, the female Avic will love it.
Mike

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice setup, I'm trying live plants in my P.Irminia enclosure. I'm not sure what kind of plant it is but It is still alive..... so far. I bought it at wal-mart for $3. I wanted a Fake Plant but couldn't find what I was looking for. here is a Pick of the plant

Last edited:

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank You guys. I really liked how the tank turned out. I am going to set another one up for my P.metallica after it molts again.

Gusto,
The plant in your picture looks like pothos. If it is then it does well in low light settings. Should grow fine in the KK.
Mike

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I snapped up some shots of the tank today. I had to remove the jewel orchid because it outgrew the tank. I added a bromeliad, a ficus (which I set up so it can grow vertically and cover the back wall), and a small pink fittonia. The versicolor built its web home on the tillandsia. The webbing is to the right of her in the picture. Excuse the crappiness of the pics. I shot them through the glass.
Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice set up Mike
I guess you will use lighttubes for the plants?

/Lelle

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
Nice set up Mike
I guess you will use lighttubes for the plants?

/Lelle
Thank you.

You can't see it in the picture but I have an ESU super uv coil lamp. It is a compact full spectrum flourescent bulb. I was using a 18" lumichrome flourescent tube but wanted to give the ESU bulb a try. If the plants don't do well with this bulb I will switch over to the lumichrome again. I get to see my versicolor a lot more in this set up. She comes out more often for a drink or to wait for passing prey. It's pretty cool to watch.
Mike