[Pic attached] You guys think this is an ok setup for my Bolivian Black?

Stark

Arachnopeon
[Pic attached] You guys think this is an ok setup for my Brazilian Black?

I have her (I hope it's a female) for a couple of years now, I always had her on peat mos, but recently when it was time again to clean her tank and give it a complete overall I went to my Reptile shop and the owner suggested to use the stuff in the pictures, he uses it for most of his spiders and swears buy it.

I want only the best for her and wonder if anybody has used the same stuff before and if it is ok for her.
I have burried her hole she loves sometimes you can see it in the second image, she has just recently molted and did a huge jump in size, so I'm thinking of bying a larger tank something with more groud size.

I don't like how it looks I dig her on black ground, she is on the top because I just changed it and maybe made it a little to wet for her or the new ground freaks her out.
In any way give me as much critisism as possible I only want the best for my baby.

Attachments

Last edited:

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not very fond of vermaculite, but many uses it. Peat is my way.

It's waaaayy to wet/moist in there, that's why she's on the ceiling.

I hope the "clay pot" is cut in half, otherwise she won't be able to form the hide to her liking.

Size is ok.

Also, I usually try to make the tanks beautiful, to make the room more interesting and nice to look at. Yours....well...each to his own.

Stark

Arachnopeon
Alright, I have done the following since than, I have pressed the vermaculite harder to the ground it's more compact, I have fixed the wetness buy again sprinkling dry vermaculite on top, and left one corner very moist.
She is already on the ground...

the burrow is an old Protein Shaker (see attached image, and yes maybe I need to cut it in half since she will not be able to burrow or move the vermaculite.

Beauty: Yes I totaly agree, I have to wait until I get the green light from my newly wedded wife hahah we want to save and we have an agreement that we talk about all expenses ;) I want to buy her a new tank anyways.

Othewise ok?

Attachments

Last edited:

mwh9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome to the arachnoboards. That's a very beautiful T. It could be a little wet though, you may want to try mixing your substrate ahead of time and letting it dry some. Don't let anyone give you a hard time about the heat pad, I use them as well. If you want, you could use some plastic plants or live Ivy's work well and don't need any light source. If you cut a flower pot in half, use a plastic one, no one told me and I did it with a clay one. It toke about an hour and a lot of bad words.

Stark

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the arachnoboards. That's a very beautiful T. It could be a little wet though, you may want to try mixing your substrate ahead of time and letting it dry some. Don't let anyone give you a hard time about the heat pad, I use them as well. If you want, you could use some plastic plants or live Ivy's work well and don't need any light source. If you cut a flower pot in half, use a plastic one, no one told me and I did it with a clay one. It toke about an hour and a lot of bad words.
Hi

The heat pad is absolutly neccesary, I had no heat pad for some time but decided to put it back in and she is constatly hanging on it cuddling down and loves it, so I don't want to take that off, and I don't mind the ugly factor first and formost if she likes it I'm ok with it.
The problem with the plastic Pot was that she never really liked it, she never went inside and as the saying goes: A happy T is a T you cannot see I though this time I will try a more conventional burrow as in burry that tube down and see if she likes it better, so far she is still inside, but I think I will have to cut it in half to give her the oportunity to burry and move.

thanks for all your advice everybody.