Phrynus Longipes or Acanthophrynus coronatus?

Purplepuffball

Arachnosquire
Which one should I get, both of them are of reasonable price and size? Which one would grow faster, and look impressive/ a great display animal within the next two years? Also, what do you personally prefer and for what reason?

that1ocelot

Arachnoknight
Jealous. Where are you located? I hear Acanthophrynus Coronatus is excellent, fast growing, great temperament AND it can rub it's chelicerae together to make a rattling sound which is SUPER cool. Also very big.

I haven't heard too much about longpipes but I know A. Coronatus is awesome

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I haven't kept P. longipes, but I can confirm that A. coronatus are STUNNING animals, and will reach an impressive size within a couple of years. They're fairly robust, good eaters, have beautiful colouration, and dramatic defensive displays. My absolute favourite amblypygi.

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
I keep both currently, Phrynus longipes can be stunning depending on the locality and very hardy and grow VERY fast; mine breed constantly as well, so if you're looking for a first Amblypygi I'd recommend this sp. between the two.

Acanthophrynus coronatus is a beautiful animal if you have experience keeping Amblypygi as well as find and afford one then I don't see any other reason to not get this sp either.

Purplepuffball

Arachnosquire
I keep both currently, Phrynus longipes can be stunning depending on the locality and very hardy and grow VERY fast; mine breed constantly as well, so if you're looking for a first Amblypygi I'd recommend this sp. between the two.

Acanthophrynus coronatus is a beautiful animal if you have experience keeping Amblypygi as well as find and afford one then I don't see any other reason to not get this sp either.
I was enlightened by mantis fan that the coronatus seller might actually be a scammer, so longipes is my only option. But thanks for everyone’s advice!

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
I was enlightened by mantis fan that the coronatus seller might actually be a scammer, so longipes is my only option. But thanks for everyone’s advice!
Mind PMing me the name of this potential scammer? There aren't many Amblypygi keepers I'd like to let my connections know.