Photography

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no..unfortunately it doesnt have any guides or frames.
its a crappy digital..called a Digi-life DVC [6.6 Mpixels]

i really need a good camera.

the latter camera you mentioned sounds great!
It's a nice camera for sure...the only problem I have with it is that it's Sony and everything's proprietary format. In other words, a memory card that *should* cost around $20 costs around $40.

Camera should be around $150 to $170.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I meant to say, the equipment used.
Here's a few tips that might help, if you'd like to improve in the macro area.
ah!!..cool!..thanks for the links..i am the first to admit as far as photography goes, i am still a noob!

It's a nice camera for sure...the only problem I have with it is that it's Sony and everything's proprietary format. In other words, a memory card that *should* cost around $20 costs around $40.

Camera should be around $150 to $170.
agreed..
I just need to go out and buy a modern camera..something that is versatile.:)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ohhhhh ok. I know what PSAM is..... I had never seen it in an acronym before I thought it would have been PSAM modes not mode. My camera has all those too. Except I don't really use P, S, or A. I have not learned enough about the relationship between changing one and how it effects the other.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ohhhhh ok. I know what PSAM is..... I had never seen it in an acronym before I thought it would have been PSAM modes not mode. My camera has all those too. Except I don't really use P, S, or A. I have not learned enough about the relationship between changing one and how it effects the other.
I use only manual, But in "P" mode the camera does the aperture/shutter speed for you, it gives you manual control over everything else like ISO, whitebalance, etc. "A" mode is full auto, which means you let the camera have full control. "S" mode allows you full control over the shutter speed, but giving the aperture control to the camera.

PhormictopusMan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok so what is the difference between auto, and A?
A is aperture priority. You set the fstop and the camera calculates the shutter speed.

S is shutter priority. You set the shutter and the camera calculates the fstop.

--Chris

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
does contract or balance change the focus?
my camera is all automatic..no adjustments on the focus can be made.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool ,cool good info. I am bad at remembering nomenclatures and their relationships. I have only memorized what happens to the picture when I change something on a given setting. I’ll get there though. I think I am going to go to the Nikon photo school when it rolls through Portland again. Classes came with the camera so I might as well go learn something.

Or maybe I should read the manual {D

imjim

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool. Classes are great. When you have time check this site out. Its my other favorite infosite.

http://photo.net/

There is some great stuff.

--Chris
I agree great website for photography.

The camera manual should provide basic information; such as closest focusing distance. But getting close is not the only consideration in macro photography as a dedicated 1:1 macro lenses will let you step back a bit and still fill the frame. A necessity with jumpy insects.

I do not believe you can go wrong with current Canon or Nikon cameras. Also you can pick up older film cameras and scan the negatives to digital. Wal-Mart and many others create photo CDs cheaply. . .

Here are some others?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/

http://www.normankoren.com/

http://www.shorpy.com/

Last edited:

Profkrakatoa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I took a couple of pictures of Natasha using the Macro mode on my Canon, and they came out fairly decent - they're in the photo forum under PRofkrakatoa's pictures if you want to look! :)