Answered Photo limitations in FS ad's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I went to post FS ad today for the first time on the new version of the site. I generally include photos of each species I have available in the ad. I don't use Arachnoboards to upload them but use a third party site ( photobucket ) and enter the URL links. When I went to post it, I got a message saying to limit my post to ten photos. What's up with that ? It took me almost 3 hours to enter all the photo bucket links lol. Why does it matter how many photos I'm posting, especially since I'm not using AB to upload them.

Later, Tom

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey Tom,

It's apparently not just in the FS forums. All forums have a limit of 10 images per post. The new forum software treats external images and internal images as the same. What would you (and anyone else say) is a fair number of images to allow per post?

Regards

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I usually wait a while to post on my BugHunt thread so I usually post as many as possible, the other place I post them has a limit of 30 I think, is that too much?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
See, that's the thing. Other than in the for sale forums, it doesn't really matter all that much because you can always make more than one post with more pictures. In the For Sale Forum, you can only post once in a thread every 24 hours. I'm looking for a happy medium, where it's enough to cover most needs for the for sale forums without giving spammers the ability to post one hell of a lot of pictures at once.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Thanks Scott,

My current FS ad has 28 Photobucket links, so I would say another 18 is fair lol :) They are well taken photos, of my own animals representing the 28 species I'm offering. I like to put together a nice attractive ad with photos. But, I can see if someone post 30 crappy cell phone pics of the same spider, it can be excessive. I do think it's awesome that the site it has a memory and hasn't lost my FS post , it just wont let me post it since I'm over the pic limit.

My main interest is in the tarantula forums. Although the only forums I could see myself uploading more then 10 photos at once would only be , for sale, field trips, or breeding reports. So my opinion on what is fair, may be subjective on the forum I guess.

Later, Tom

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
We'll set it to 30 for a bit and see if it causes any problems. :D Like I said earlier, the only forum that it really matters is the FS forums. The other forums you can make multiple posts in a row with the maximum number of images per post :) Let me know if you can post your FS ad now...

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Yeah that worked, thanks Dude. I suppose I could of made different ad's, one for true spiders and one for tarantulas to break it up a bit, but its nice having it all in one place. I see what you're saying now why it only matters in the FS forum. I didn't really get it last night when I was about 15 beers deep, but its all so clear now lol.

Thanks, Tom

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Hey @MrDeranged . Is there any way you can run grep on the DB to see if abandoned conversations are removed?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
as long as you leave the conversation, it's removed from your inbox. Doesn't matter if the other users leave or not, it will only count towards message count for users who are still "participating".

Status
Not open for further replies.