Phormictopus sp green

SilverTycho

Arachnosquire
So, I'm getting a Phormictopus sp green to add to my collection. 2". Is there anything special I need to know?

obie

Arachnosquire
I.dont know who your getting it from or where but I got one and it's definitely not what I expected. I was told there are three color variations here is my previous thread about what I got. And a current pichttp://arachnoboards.com/threads/phormictopus-sp-green.281058/ 20160302_205020.jpg
I was expecting a full green but this is her after her molt. Now it just looks kinda like a rose hair as far as color goes

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
They enjoy a bit of moist substrate (meaning, no bone dry like the average G.rosea) great genus, i love their attitude.

SilverTycho

Arachnosquire
I was told mine would mature to be green. She said they're already showing some green colors.

obie

Arachnosquire
Oh ok well that's good. I'll probably sell mine and try to find the full green color variation. Good luck.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
I don't own this species, but when I've seen specimens, even adults at expos and such, they never showed much green at all to my eye. Just a very drab looking spider imo

Walter1

Arachnosquire
I.dont know who your getting it from or where but I got one and it's definitely not what I expected. I was told there are three color variations here is my previous thread about what I got. And a current pichttp://arachnoboards.com/threads/phormictopus-sp-green.281058/ View attachment 208215
I was expecting a full green but this is her after her molt. Now it just looks kinda like a rose hair as far as color goes
I see various colors. Green ain't one. Buyer Beware is a tried and true piece of advice every time.

SilverTycho

Arachnosquire
Well, I really trust this breeder. All my spiders except one have been from her, and she said it'll be greenish. Said the one I'm getting already shows some green so I'll see.

Sana

Arachnoprince
Green or not they are still giant spiders with attitude to spare and completely entertaining behaviors. Who wouldn't love that? Oh yeah, 80% of the world's population. Sigh.

SilverTycho

Arachnosquire
Yeah, I was asking about care advice, and it turned into a color chat. I didn't expect that. Sorry.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah, I was asking about care advice, and it turned into a color chat. I didn't expect that. Sorry.
They aren't "hard" at all to keep: inches of substrate (those i had loved to burrow), they enjoy moist substrate (so, as i've said prior, not a bone dry one like a G.rosea or a C.cyaneopubescens) hide & water dish of course.
IMO good eaters with a nice attitude.

Class T's :)

Walter1

Arachnosquire
They aren't "hard" at all to keep: inches of substrate (those i had loved to burrow), they enjoy moist substrate (so, as i've said prior, not a bone dry one like a G.rosea or a C.cyaneopubescens) hide & water dish of course.
IMO good eaters with a nice attitude.

Class T's :)
Like cancerides without the attitude?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Like cancerides without the attitude?
No, i mean (not sure if i got right your post, sorry if, man) they, as a genus, have a nice (meaning for me a bit on the high strung mode, considering of course the single specimen temperament) attitude. Had a P.cancerides more than a decade ago, a 0.1 that i named 'Tonton Macoute' lol, she was like a P.murinus on that :)

Walter1

Arachnosquire
No, i mean (not sure if i got right your post, sorry if, man) they, as a genus, have a nice (meaning for me a bit on the high strung mode, considering of course the single specimen temperament) attitude. Had a P.cancerides more than a decade ago, a 0.1 that i named 'Tonton Macoute' lol, she was like a P.murinus on that :)
A most appropriate name! Baby Doc when a sling!

Sana

Arachnoprince
It's easy for a phormic to get dehydrated if you don't keep up with their water dish.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I keep all my NW tropical terrestrials the same: moist substrate (not soggy), cross ventilation, cork slab angled against the side for a retreat, & a full water bowl. There's a tendency for some to defecate in and toss boluses into their water bowls, so you are best advised to use disposable ones, instead of the artsy-fartsy kinds.

It's pretty simple. There's only a few variables for most tarantulas: substrate moisture content and depth, ventilation, cage height, type and number of decorations. Most, if not all species are content between 70 and 85 degrees, with nights 5 or 10 degrees cooler than days. Warmer temps in summer and somewhat cooler temps in the winter. It's a good idea to run a humidifier in the room when using a furnace or space heater. There's no reason to search for care sheets, as many have faulty info, and tend to give precise temps and humidity levels to maintain, like the author really knows those specifics are essential.