Phormictopus auratus molt time-lapse

ghostly

Arachnopeon
Incredible video! What a beautiful spider, one of my dream species. Also thumbs up for your youtube channel in general, i just started watching and the video quality is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Incredible video! What a beautiful spider, one of my dream species. Also thumbs up for your youtube channel in general, i just started watching and the video quality is amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks big time I appreciate that. Definitely an awesome species I'd recommend, it was kinda my dream T too and I thought they were super rare but they're actually pretty readily available now and I managed to get that juvenile female in the video as well as 2 slings. The colors are pretty amazing, unlike any other species I've seen.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a juvenile P auratus. I really hope its female! Have to wait until next moult and find out

NukaMedia Exotics

Very nice!!!
Thank you.
I have a juvenile P auratus. I really hope its female! Have to wait until next moult and find out
Awesome and good luck, though males look stunning as well and you could probably find a breeder to hopefully get some slings from pairing him. I've got 2 little 1" slings as well I'm raising up right now because I thought this big female was so cool.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thank you.

Awesome and good luck, though males look stunning as well and you could probably find a breeder to hopefully get some slings from pairing him. I've got 2 little 1" slings as well I'm raising up right now because I thought this big female was so cool.
But they are growing very slow, compared to other in the genus! P cancerides for ex

NukaMedia Exotics

But they are growing very slow, compared to other in the genus! P cancerides for ex
Mine have molted twice in probably as many months so not too fast I guess but they put on a lot of size each time. They ate 1 big cricket in between molts and then wouldn't eat until they just recently molted again lol.

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
That was a great shot/angle. Subscribing! I wonder if molting feels really good or is uncomfortable for them. Since your T is from Cuba, is it considered OW or NW?

Last edited:

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine have molted twice in probably as many months so not too fast I guess but they put on a lot of size each time. They ate 1 big cricket in between molts and then wouldn't eat until they just recently molted again lol.
Yes but my did not put on massive size. P cancerides for ex grows much more repidly in my experience! Nice channel you have! Congrats, you got yourself a new follower!:angelic:

NukaMedia Exotics

Yes but my did not put on massive size. P cancerides for ex grows much more repidly in my experience! Nice channel you have! Congrats, you got yourself a new follower!:angelic:
Thank you I appreciate it, and I've yet to own any other Phormictopus species but there's definitely quite a few I hope to get at some point.

NukaMedia Exotics

^New upload this Sunday - unboxing/rehousing 5 P. cambridgei slings.