Pholcidae moth/fly/mosquito junkyard

Chin Crimson

Arachnopeon
IMG_20180612_141301.jpg

IMG_20180612_141338.jpg

Yeah. I toss the flying devils in there! Any way to specify those without equipment?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Solid set up, that looks like a fat and happy pholcid! Do you mean to identify the insects the pholcid is eating?

Chin Crimson

Arachnopeon
Solid set up, that looks like a fat and happy pholcid! Do you mean to identify the insects the pholcid is eating?
She is very chill! Almost never wiggles around when I do stuff inside there.

The 2 smaller ones jiggle just by lookin at them funny.

And i meant specify the spiders, i threw 3 in, but if its 3 different they wont pair, right?

Not sure about wanting to have hundreds of them though. :D

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ah I see, they definitely do that more when they're younger!

If they're different species they won't pair. If they do end up being the same and they do pair and produce egg sacs, there should be plenty of cannibalism, which will knock down the numbers.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
She is very chill! Almost never wiggles around when I do stuff inside there.
That's a bonus of keeping Pholcids. So easy going. And if you do manage to really rattle them they drop to the ground and stroll off in a huff. Ready to start a new web someplace else.

NO! Not in there, you idiot!

Chin Crimson

Arachnopeon
That's a bonus of keeping Pholcids. So easy going. And if you do manage to really rattle them they drop to the ground and stroll off in a huff. Ready to start a new web someplace else.

NO! Not in there, you idiot!
Haha, good you saw him before you put the hot coffee in there! Seems like he has some meals too!

I hope the mama is preggo, would it be cruel to leave all of them in there, in case of pregnancy? Cannibalism would be a good food source

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha, good you saw him before you put the hot coffee in there! Seems like he has some meals too!

I hope the mama is preggo, would it be cruel to leave all of them in there, in case of pregnancy? Cannibalism would be a good food source
Leaving them is fine, it helps weed out some of the smaller/weaker individuals. Gives the others a good head start on life too so they stand a better chance of making it to adulthood.