Philth's non-theraphosid mygalomorph and true spider photo thread.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
where do you purchase your spiders? Or even better, do you have a website I could purchase some of your slings from?
I import most of them myself from various dealers/collectors in other countries. However I'm not a dealer and don't have a website. I generally only sell what I hatch myself. I advertise on this site and FB. Not much available in true spiders right now, but some exciting stuff in the works. Thanks for looking!

Platythomisus octomaculatus

Later, Tom

Arachnea

Arachnopeon
that is a beautiful animal. please let me know when those things in the works pan out. I would love to buy from you. especially because I cant seem to find anyone seeling true spiders in the US that easily

Richard123

Arachnopeon
Heteropoda pingtungensis
Heteropoda pingtungensis Zhu & Tso, 2006 mature male by Tom Patterson, on Flickr

Heteropoda sp." Thailand/Cave" mature male
Heteropoda sp." Thailand/Cave" mature male by Tom Patterson, on Flickr

Phoneutria sp. "boliviensis" Adult female
Phoneutria sp. "boliviensis" by Tom Patterson, on Flickr

Later, Tom
Hey, @Philth what are the diffirences between P. fera, P. boliviensis and P. nigriventer as far as appearance, is there one larger than the other?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Hey, @Philth what are the diffirences between P. fera, P. boliviensis and P. nigriventer as far as appearance, is there one larger than the other?
I’m not Tom, but the nigriventer in the hobby are smaller than boliviensis. In the wild they are some of the largest Phoneutria. They are easily identified by the black ventral, hence the name.

Boliviensis have a variety of color forms. I’ve noticed that they usually have rows of spots on the underside of the abdomen.

I don’t know enough about fera.

You can find nice photos of the different species in some of the newer papers